Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Dark angels 2000 list in development.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-03-10, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Kurt Russell

Kurt Russell's Flag is: USA

Dark angels 2000 list in development.

Hi folks. As the thread title suggests, I'm looking for some guidance on creating a 2000pt DA list. I'm new to this so I welcome all criticism as long as it is constructive Here's what I've got so far:

HQ
  • Belial; storm bolter and Sword of silence - 130 pts
  • Sammael; Plasma cannon and TLSB - 205 pts
Elites (all scoring)
  • Deathwing Terminators 5X; all models w/pair of LC - 215 pts
  • Deathwing Terminators 5X; all models w/pair of LC - 215 pts
  • Deathwing Terminators 5X; all models w/THSS - 215 pts
Fast Attack (all scoring)
  • Ravenwing Attack Squadron; 3 more bikers, two meltas, an attack bike with multimelta and landspeeder with HB and AC - 390 pts
Heavy Support
  • Land Raider; TLHB, TLLC - 250 pts
  • Vindicator; Dozer blade - 130 pts
The list is 255 points short of being 2000. I'm thinking maybe a command squad, or a second vindicator or more bikes for the remainder. Command squads are something I have no experience with, and only have any idea of their battlefield role in theory and not in practice. Vindicators are always great and they say you should take more than one, but that's still gonna leave me with a number of points leftover. If I were to take an additional bike squad, I wouldn't have enough to upgrade it to full size including the attack bike and landspeeder, which I would definitely want! Two scoring landspeeders on the battlefield. Tits.

At any rate, I really want to maintain this list as a Deathwing/Ravenwing hybrid. Not that I'm not open to the idea of making major changes to this list under scrutiny, it's just that the versatility that these forces offer you is unparalleled, it seems, with the Deathwing able to shred enemies in CC and the ravenwing able to jump into the heat of action and bombard the enemy with firepower. As a DA player, of course I appreciate fluff and as a gamer, of course I appreciate something that's going to allow me to win. A nice happy medium is where I hope this list will fall. What units might the DA chapter requisition in their search for the fallen when faced with such foes as the mindless Necrons, the ravenous Orks, the heretical Eldar and of course, the traitorous forces of Chaos? These are the forces I'll be going up against regularly, especially Necrons and Orks.
Thanks in advance for your answers everyone!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome