Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Chaos, I don't get it, help this poor fool.
View Single Post
post #76 of (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 06:59 PM
LordWaffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe297 View Post
once again assumptions shows a person with low intellect!
Oh this is a scientific fact? Or are you hypocritically assuming things?

Quote:
And a poor ability to read, digest, anaylse and comment! If you actually look at what I said you will see I didn't actually discredit it but implied rather than be and end all it should be used as a tool to assess a situation and make a balanced plan of attack! Just because the maths say it will happen isn't always true! It gives you the probabilty! Not the actual outcome! How fucking boring would it be if that was how it worked! So rather than this childish debate of irrelevance to the post use your 'skills' as a general to add to the post or don't bother, we're are suppose to be here to offer advice and tips! If you've got nothing constructive to put in why bother at all!
My constructive advice is that he can make a fully function non-competitive army. Then you guys start up with the "No they work in tournaments". That is where we are having a problem.

There isn't much you can add or take away from a tsons list to fine tune it. They're just a blob of numbers, review of them is therefore difficult to finalize. Is ten in a rhino better than five in a rhino?

Quote:
Sorry rant over!
So to the list
Dp with mot wings boc and wt 200
5 tsons with sorcerer db 185
5 nilla marines with mg ac pw 115
I think thats quite a solid start! When you move up bulk out troops and add in some transport!
For five hundred it's not a bad way to start, and it'll be fluffy? Instead of the dual powers on the prince perhaps give the nilla marines a fist and IoGC so they don't run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame80010 View Post
EDIT: also giving him the bad points while useful is not the same as telling him to play somthing he doesnt want to play

he wanted to play Tzeentch, and yet early on someone was telling him to run Khorne (i love Khorne but i respect his choice to play Tzeentch) therefore anything related to any other type of cult troop is irralivent because he wants to play Tzeentch

it doesnt matter how much better somthing is then anything else END OF STORY
Actually the SECOND you talk about viable or tournament quality, it does matter. If you're talking a generalized list that he needs help fine tuning, we can do that. Perhaps have him pose a list with the models he has?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzwang View Post
22 years of 40K gaming behind me. Nice try but you fail.
And yet I know more about it. I do not believe you.

Quote:
You started out cool with some awesome conversion ideas but I've lost any respect I may have had for you as this thread has progressed.

You have blatantly disregarded the fact that I have stated several times this will be played in a store so the scenery will be spread across multiple games and tables so I can be pretty danm sure my opponents will HAVE to spend a few turns in the open. You are clinging to this ludicrous idea that you will always ALWAYS have cover which is just bollocks unless your table is 90% scenery with literally 1" bewteen it all.
Only people with bad stores need worry about terrain problems. I thought we had rules to decide exactly how much terrain gets placed? In the BRB?

It's only ludicrous if you're a trashy player. End of story, don't be bad and you too can pimpstroll through fields of terrain.

Quote:
Rather than look at the challenge presented, which was TRY and create a competitive Tzeentch list you jumped on the RARGH QUARTET high horse and have blinkered yourself from actually being helpful.
Well why don't you design an additional moon to fire into space out of buckets of air and lint?

Why don't I ask you to do impossible tasks? Tsons are -not- competitive, hence why this tension between the sides. I am telling you what does not work and what does. You are telling me that you know more, which you do not. If you want to play tzeentch, here, here is a list:

10 nilla marines with mg/mg ac pf IoT-255
10 nilla marines with mg/mg ac pw IoT-245

Quote:
Not ignoring mathhammer... just not listeingin to the bullshit your trying to pull as maths hammer, your bending and assuming shit that makes your mathshammer worthless biest crap
This is I think a step beyond the line. Implying someone is incorrect via false accusations is somewhat excusable, but bullshit? U mad bro?

Quote:
a squad of 10 plague marines shooting at a squad of space marines and a squad of 10 (9+sorc) TS's shotting at a squad of space marines, the TSons are going to cause more wonds EVERY time (unless the SM's are in a bunker in which case it will be even) and as for getting shot, the PM's will live alot more bolter fire... but alot less special weapon (Plasma, melta any kind of powerweapon or Pie-plate type weapon) unless of corse they are in cover which you seem to assume they are for some odd reason....
I was debating a straight confrontation between tsons and plague marines. If you're talking tsons versus marines in the open then yes. The Tsons come out better. But this is the most optimal conditions and sentences the tsons to get shot at in return. And with them being expensive as sin you cannot afford to lose them.
Meanwhile the plague marines might not ace the squad of marines, they wont give a damn about returning fire.

As before, getting cover almost all the time is a matter of skill and your stores adherance to placing terrain by the rules.

Quote:
in my honist opinion, either start being helpful and help this guy make a Tzeentch list or go harrass someone elses thread man :/
I've made one and several have been mentioned, yet you bunch continue to lash against the wall that tzeentch is competitive and fights on even grounds with superior lists, or the current metagame of mech lists. And it does not. Maybe instead of resorting to childish frowny faces, maybe you yourself could make a list! Shock and awe! Or debate the effectiveness of one list over another!

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome