Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1st competitive BA list NEEDS REVISION
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 02:23 AM
Lord Reevan

Personally I think the list is a little all over the place. Nothing really works well with each other, At least not at this point. Your best bet is to pick a style for your army, whether it is a DOA army(all jumpers) a mech razorspam army, or a deathstar army with either the terminators or DC. But I'll go through the units you have and give you some advice on them :D

Librarian - Not a great set up. Epostilary is rarely a good choice as probably the 2 best army buffing powers of the librarian(unleash rage and shield) are done in different turns so can be done to full effect. This is arguable but they'd help the most in most units you have. Storm bolter no good as your paying to take a CC attack away.

Termies are set up well, They'd need a transport though otherwise they get avoided or get shot to hell before they do any damage.

Sanguinary Guard are wrong. They're 200 base. they'd be 250pts with the upgrades you have.

Chaplain You'd be better off with another Librarian, same things as above, Mainly because Unleash Rage does what the chaplain does only in turns other than the initial charge, as well as giving you some psychic defence.

Assault Squads are actually 230pts each. But they're decent set up as they are.

Now Death Company. What'd happen if they were charged by a dreadnought? a defiler, or a T8 creature? they'd be swinging around doing absolutely nothing. Up at least one weapon to a fist to give them some chance vs things like that. Also maybe add an infernus pistol so they can pop vehicles and assault the squishy insides to get full effect out of them.

Baals good to have 2 of them, they work best in pairs. the storm bolters are unnecessary though. you're already firing 10 shots why spend more for 2 much weaker ones?

Bikes, A friend of mine used them competitively and found that to make them effective they start costing much more than things that can rip through them with ease. if you want bikes in your list your best bet is attack bikes with MMs for the anti tank.

I Don't know what style of list you are going for here so I won't tell you what things to drop and what to keep but I hope the advice I've given here can help you with your choice. Good luck :D

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome