Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Your Fluff Credentials
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 09-03-10, 12:29 AM
Warsmith40

Warsmith40's Flag is: USA

1: How long have you been in the hobby?

I was first introduced to Games Workshop and the fun that is Warhammer 40k in 2004 at my first Games Day. I still have the Space Marine Veteran from that year, my first 40k model. Wargaming has gone even further back as I've played Battletech as early 2002.

2: How important is Fluff to you, relative to other aspects of the hobby?

Fluff forms the background for much of my armies, as I tend to follow a certain theme based on the fluff. I've also experimented with a few fanfics, but have rarely posted any, preferring to keep a mental library instead. Backstory is also integral with campaigns and major scenarios, so the ability to whip together great fluff is a useful skill.

3: How devoted are you to the works of the Black Library?

I've read read much of Dan Abnett's works, including both the Eisenhorn and Ravenor series, Gaunt's Ghosts, and Brothers of the Snake. I'm also quite fond of Graham Mcneil's works (especially the Ultramarines series), and as could be seen, I found myself using the title Warsmith after reading Storm of Iron. I've read the Word Bearer's series by Anthony Reynolds, and alot of the independent novels such as Fifteen Hours and Death World. I even read through Let the Galaxy Burn, and excellent compilation of 40k short stories, which provided much perspective on aspects of the 40k mythos I hadn't been previously familiar with.

4: How many codexes have you taken the time to read thoroughly, including older editions?

I've read C:SM 4th and 5th Ed., C:BA 3rd/4th and 5th, C:T/TE 4th and 5th, C:CSM 5th, C:Eldar 3rd/4th and 5th, C:Tyranids 4th, and C:IG 4th and 5th extensively. I have a tendency to commit basic statistics to memory, and I'm quite familiar with most 40k statlines.

5: Do you enjoy postiulating theories, pondering mysteries, and writing your own works to expand your enjoyment of the hobby?

Absolutely. it's one of the reasons I appreciate Heresy Online to most: I can discuss practically anything Games Workshop, especially fluff and homebrew, which allows me to broaden my repertoir of knowledge and skills in W40k

Actions speak louder than words, as do high explosives.

Last edited by Warsmith40; 09-03-10 at 12:32 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome