Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Your Fluff Credentials
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 02:51 PM
Alexious

Alexious's Flag is: Australia

[QUOTE=Serpion5;715031]

1: How long have you been in the hobby?

June 87. LOL! I feel old....

2: How important is Fluff to you, relative to other aspects of the hobby?

Important to me at times. I tend to get cranky with retcon stuff that I see spoils the game fluff or changes stuff to the point I roll my eyes. Things like...

Did you know it was an Imperial Guardsmen who shows the Emperor Horus cannot be saved?

That High Warlocks should have lightning claws? (Will be interested to see who even knows what a High Warlock is....)

That Imperial Guard used to ride Jet bikes and use Rhino's! But then they forgot... all of a sudden... circa 1995.

That strange Orange Monkeys actually make digi weapons...

That the Tyranid race had ambassadors? Look up Zoats...

3: How devoted are you to the works of the Black Library? By this I basically mean what compels you to buy/read one of their novels, do you pick them because of the races involved, follow certain serials, on a whim, etc...

Some of it I do read.... but a lot of it is rubbish, almost boys own adventure stuff at times.

4: How many codexes have you taken the time to read thoroughly, including older editions?

Eldar 90% Anything Imperial 100% Others vary.[/COLOR]

5: Do you enjoy postiulating theories, pondering mysteries, and writing your own works to expand your enjoyment of the hobby?

Yes, if its handled in a constructive way... arguing over who is the BEST etc..... blah! But talking about the Imperium, Astronomicon, Lore and also the little known stuff is always fun.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome