Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Your Fluff Credentials
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 02:38 AM
VanitusMalus

VanitusMalus's Flag is: Australia

1: How long have you been in the hobby?

I've been playing since 2nd Edition on and off, but I have been in the hobby since the Rogue Trader days. The longest gap I had was about 4 years. I've only been back for about 2 years.

2: How important is Fluff to you, relative to other aspects of the hobby?

Very important, I refuse to play with an unfluffy army, no matter what. I don't like when opponents play an unfluffy army, but I'm not enough of a prick to let that decide if I'll battle, plus I love a challenge.

3: How devoted are you to the works of the Black Library? By this I basically mean what compels you to buy/read one of their novels, do you pick them because of the races involved, follow certain serials, on a whim, etc...

I haven't read, nor will I probably ever read any of the novels. First I get enough fluff from the Codexes (3rd edition codexes might as well have just been rules and random quotes) but 4th and 5th are redoing that. I would love however to get my hands on some of those 2nd edition books the Ork and Ultramarine ones were awesome. I should try and find the 2nd Edition rulebook, wargear book and the book that catalogued all the units. Anyway, second GW gets enough of my money. Third and I know this going to sound weird, but I hate sci fi/fantasy novels.

4: How many codexes have you taken the time to read thoroughly, including older editions?

For 2nd Edition I read the Ultramarines and Orks. Third and the 3.5 editions I owned most of them (the second release of Tau (3.5/4?) and the Black Templars (second release)and read them all thoroughly (I never trusted an opponent telling me what his codex stated, I had to know it for myself). For 5th Edition I'm three Codexes behind (obviously the latest three).

5: Do you enjoy postiulating theories, pondering mysteries, and writing your own works to expand your enjoyment of the hobby?

Immensely, I've written my own fluff and codexes (making sure to intertwine them in the official fluff, but I love discussing with others the entire mythos of the 40K universe.

6: If youa have anything further to add, feel free.

Does anyone buy the main boxed game when it's released for new editions?

I bought Assault on Black Reach, the boxed set released for 3rd edition and I bought two of the boxed set that was released for 2nd edition.

Last edited by VanitusMalus; 09-02-10 at 02:49 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome