Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Quick Sculpts

9K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  Dusty's Corner 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Mixed bunch of fairly quick sculpts. Trying some techniques/ideas out, a bit random.
First up, 'HellHorse'.

'DumDumb'

Strays

Pod A

Pod B

It's upside down in pics - it's meant to be like a little pot.

Blades (Dino-Sword/ Spine-Sword)

Rightio, off to do more...:victory:
-Dusty

See less See more
#2 ·
Olla,
Ok I know these aren't that exciting, but the penguin is one of the first atempts using that putty stuff (baking type). The chicken was meant to be a roost, but it kinda got away.

Unga-Bunga of a troll, but has a groovey spine

Finished Pods. Maybe a tinnie winnie bit here or there might be needed. But if so, they'll be milliput.

And a compile cause I couldn't be arsed doing them all individually lol. That 'Hellhorse' is there (a better spine). I've put one of the pods on that grinning nid thing previously posted - kinda now looks like a nid-mushroom perhaps? There's also a quick frog and some muscley boney creature thing-to-be.

Now I just got some proper greenstuff and procreate, so not sure which direction to go but maddness rest assured.
Toodles,
-Dusty

#3 · (Edited)
Howdy all,
Well I finally got some real greenstuff and procreate and I've been playing around with them to get a feel and practice. I'm undecided which I prefer most of all. Each has it's uses and I'll still be using milliput as well as the baking type for sculpts.
Anyway, this is the first thing I sculpted with the GS.

This is a lid from a jar, it got cracked, so it's being covered. Really pleased with the roast chicken and snake.

This chap is getting a face done.

Swords of sorts. Needs mucho work still.

This is one of those tree people, been reposed and given a tree stump to step offa from:

Some bases:

These ones's aren't really sculpts:

What do I think of GS/Procreate? Great stuff, no where near as messy as milliput. Detailling is great. It has a bit of elasticity which is interesting. Don't like waiting for it to set though, takes ages.
So off I go to sculpt more.
-Dusty

#11 ·
Some damn cool work here Dusty, I especially like the bases.

#14 · (Edited)
Cheers guys, thanks for helping me keep my moral (and sanity) going.
I'm planning to do a new set of bases (without the GW portion) and get them casted. I have some new ideas for them which hopefully will make them funky.
Mantis - yeh good find, I had alien emu in mind lol.
On to pics....
This was suppose to be a smaller penguin, but turned into a duck last second lol - all because of the beak.

I call this one 'BadBird', he looks grumpy because his feet are pooey.

And the dreaded chicken. I realized that the previous attempt missed quite a lot of chicken features. Like the penguin, in real life they look a lot different to what I sculpted. That's the trouble on relying on memories filled with cartoons.

Still needs a head. The legs might be a problem as the wire looks a little thick.
Dammit there will be chicken!
-Dusty

#17 · (Edited)
Good idea Fallen, cheers. As for sonic weapons, well yeah, but this thread is for sculpting really. It would probably take me a little while (lol) to get some designs done and mock-ups built. Would probably be more of a scratch build than kitbash. But I'll have a dig around ;)

Onto the sculpts. Here are those skulls, moulded/casted and an example of how they would look painted. Also a newer skull (needs cast/painted pic taking).

Here's some Pumpkin Heads. They're bloody small, like 2-3mm tall. 7 versions (one plain, no face). Already moulded/casting.

Ok.....now something serious. It's been bothering me for quite a while.....whatta think?

Lol
-Dusty

#19 ·
Hi all,
Tree stumps, already got a mould and casts for them :)

And this figure has sat around for ages. I needed to practice sculptng hands and this chap just so happened to need hands and feet. It's become quite a mess so at some point it might get chopped up and resculpted in places.

-Dusty

#20 ·
I feel i should be offended in some way by having seen this thread. I am not, but i should be.
Your like the salvador dali of Heresy online. And i mean that, i went to his exhibit in london and it was amazing.
Keep being strange +rep

#21 ·
I have had so much trouble trying to reply to the thread.

It's good work, it's very creative it's Daliesque .

Reading Dagmire's reply turned a little key in the old brainbox.
(The missus and I went up to London for that exhibition it was brilliant to finally see some of Dali's work for real rather than books etc.)

I still love the chicken best DC but the pumpkins are great too.

#26 ·
Howdy,
Concept sketch and mock up sculpt:

I've lost the head now :( woops. I've been trying to sculpt ghoulie type hands, but they keep coming out kinda Eldar (erm...)
This is a quicky for a Alien Pilot Baby, made whilst in the kitchen making dinner one evening.

This one is more of a full figure (hopefully). It's about 8cm tall. Not sure whether to chop off the arms or what. ATM it's mostly leg work.

'Ahhh it's got me!' Just a hand lol.

And a bust:

-Dusty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.