Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - XV8 crisis battle suit question
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 02:55 AM
Ishamael

While you've found a different outlet for Markerlights, you must ask yourself a some questions:

Are you willing to burn an elites slot for a few more Markerlights, a slot hotly contested by the more versatile Crisis Suit?

At minimum with 3 suits, team leader, markerlight on the leader, drone controllers for each suit, then one marker drone for each suit, you're running 195 points. Compared with the 216 for a Pathfinder unit with a Warfish with landing gear, you have to ask yourself if you want to burn those points on the suits to get 4 markerlights, when there's a barely more expensive, more effective outlet in the Pathfinders. Also that Devilfish gets to be used for a Fire Warrior squad that didn't have one.

Until their points get reduced, I'm not interested in this different outlet for markerlights. It takes away a slot for a squad that does more damage, and it's less efficient than a different outlet in a different slot of the FoC. Relentless or not.

The Tau list I use was created by Stelek over at Yes The Truth Hurts. Check it out!
I also write for the blog Rites of Battle. Stop by, I may say something interesting.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome