Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 8:th edition and rune lore
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 01:32 PM
Whizzwang

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallindor View Post
I donīt really complain, but doesnīt that make the dwarves unbalanced in dispelling? I mean, I often play against a lizardmen-playing friend of mine, and he dishes out his Slann o' Doom and some Skink Priests to try to blast me to oblivion and beyond with all magic he can lay his scaly hands on. With the new rules, he often has around 8-10 power dice (7 (the statistical number) from winds of magic and the rest if the channeling goes well). Myself then fields 2-3 runesmiths, MR of Balance, MR of Spell breaking, AoD with runelord and the spell eaters I think I can afford. This would confer me with 10-12 dispel dice per turn, with a constant +3 to all dispel rolls. On top of that, I could take a MR of Valaya and get +2 to all dispel rolls!

This is kind of unbalanced, donīt you think?
Not overly unbalanced. Dwarves have traditionally been the anti-magic lockdown army. Since you can throw up to 6 dice at a spell now regardless of level you can try and force miscast/ultimate power at them and just sit back and laugh. Throw in a power scroll (extra +2 I think, could just be 1 though, don't have the book to hand) and you can lob 8 dice at a spell.

Lore of death generates power dice, so if your regular opponent is playing with high power Slaan he really should look at taking that lore. Since he gains +1 power dice per spell anyway... that's what? 6 for the cast, his bonus extra, +2 from a power scroll 9 dice to power up a purple sun and you're looking at 45% chance to get that double 6.

Powered up Purple Sun... ultimate power... goodbye Dwarf army. No amount of dispel dice in the world is going to stop that.

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome