Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Hammers dating
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-13-10, 06:17 PM
Capt.Al'rahhem
CO 3rd Thoth ACR

Capt.Al'rahhem's Flag is: USA

I've just had a look through The Horus Heresy: Collected Visions and their are only two picture references to any sort Hammers.

One is on p.257 in a picture called Warrior-Psyker Concept by John Blanche but it looks more like just a power hammer and as it's being wielded by a non power armored human it's most likely not a Thunderhammer.

The second in on p.330 in a picture of Perturabo-Primarch of the Iron Warriors by Alex Boyd and it looks very much like a Thunderhammer but also has a Deamon face on the it so could be a Deamon Weapon also.

Most of the pictures of Terminators show them using large axes most of which don't appear to be powered or are clearly Chainaxes.

I think I've heard something about the Iron Warriors and another Legion fighting over a relic weapon of some sort, parhaps someone more familar with that story could fill you in on it.

Also isn't one of the 9 Artefacts of Vulkan a hammer of some sort.

You can also look to the fact that CSM (who are supposed to be pre-heresy marines) Terminators don't have the option of TH but that's probably more of a game balence & differentiating the armys type thing. Also all the Legions (including Salamanders ) are clearly shown to have Land Speeders during the heresy but at some point CSM seems to have lost them.

I would say, as personal opinion (take that for what it's worth, not much ), if they did have any they'd be relics in the hands of great leaders and heros. I wouldn't go with squads of TH/SS Terms but that's just me.

"Most wars are wars of contact, both forces striving into touch to avoid tactical surprise. Our's shall be a war of detachment. We are to contain the enemy by the silent threat of the vast, unknown desert...." T.E. Lawrence

Unrepentant Treadhead

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome