Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Comparison, human biology now and in the 41st millenium
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-28-10, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
King Gary

King Gary's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel View Post
Case in point - stubbers are largely the same as modern balistic weapons (They probably aren't any worse!), and if you get shot by one then you will know about it. In rules terms a 40k human has fair odds of surviving. It's my belief that modern humans would be toughness 2/strength 2/Initiative 2 in game terms, possibly even 1.
Just after posting I remembered the ogryns and rattlings of the IG. I missed those passing nods by the fluff writers towards evolution That's a really interesting point though Azezel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha Nein View Post
Well that really depends on how the environment on Earth changes. I've actually been discussing this concept with one of my ethics teachers and I'm glad I have a chance to bring it up here. So natural selection enables those with greater fitness to spread their genes around because those with less fitness are unable to pass on their genes. With the advent of rational human beings however, altruism assures advantageous genes are not spread like they once were. Because of this we do have a greater overall population but disadvantageous genes are allowed to remain in the gene pool.
Maybe this isn't really the place to get too deeply into it, but I would argue that having those 'disadvantageous' genes hanging around in the gene pool somewhere, having them reproduced and giving them a chance to mutate would actually increase the chances of some more interesting developments to occur.

Larger number of genes (must suerly) = larger number of potential changes.

My Complete DA collection

That's me breathing fire in my avatar, my aim was a bit off to start but i got all those orks in the end!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome