Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1500 Point Slaanesh CSM Army
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-30-10, 02:18 AM
Inquisitor Malaclypse

Inquisitor Malaclypse's Flag is: Honduras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust God Flunky View Post
Refined List
HQ
Daemon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission
Wings

Elite
Chosen Marines x5
Icon of Chaos Glory (Instead of Slaanesh? It's for the Obliterators)
Melta Gun x4
Power Weapon x1
Rhino Dedicated Transport

Troops
Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon (Again for Obliterators, maybe)
Sonic Blaster x5
~ Havoc Launcher

Noise Marines x10
Noise Champion
Power Weapon
Doom Siren
Personal Icon
Sonic Blaster x5
~Havoc Launcher

Heavy Support
Obliterators x2
Obliterators x2
Obliterators x2

I don't have my codex with me at the moment, so I'm not too sure about total points at the moment, but here's the refined list. I'm also toying with the idea of dropping a squad of Obliterators for another Troop choice. But yeah, I think this list is almost finished! Thank you for your input and helping a returning newbie out some.
this list looks pretty good, stick with it. the only change i would make is to try to fit a PF on the NM Champs. i know it's counter intuitive to decrease a NM Champ I to a 1, but invariably you will end tied up by a MC or Dreadnought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust God Flunky View Post
Sorry to drag this back up, but after pricing out the army, it seems that I can't justify the cost of 6 Obliterators to my current income. I can probably swing 4, but that would be pushing it.
Bell of Lost Souls has a solution to that: they used a CSM termie box (comes with 5) and they made their own out of extra bits and green stuff. you don't even have to be that great of a sculptor to make this.

if you do pre-Heresy, you can use Techmarines with servo harnesses as counts as Oblits, and you'd be surprised how many of these your find on Ebay at discount. if you go this route, buy them even if they're painted. they're pewter so they're super easy to strip.

good hunting.

Amid the Weeping and the Woe, Accursed Daemon Thou Remain And Rot; I Know Thee Filthy as Thou Art I Know...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome