Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

GT 2000 fine turning

636 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Frogthor 
#1 ·
Hey guys like everyone am looking for a few more sets of eyes to look over my list. I have been playing smaller versions of this list in local tournaments and doing fairly well (second place at last 1500). With a local GT coming up need to expand and fine tune. I'm currently on the road so I don't have my book on me. Only cost I'm not sure of us the extra armor on the landraider which ice put at 15. All suggestions welcome and thanks in advance. Total army so far is 1984.

HQ

160 Daemon Prince - Wings, MoS, Warptime

160 Daemon Prince - Wings, MoS, Warptime

Troops

208 Berserkers x8 - Champ, Powerfist

260 Noise Marines x6 - Blastmaster, rest with sonic blasters, champ, powerfist, rhino

266 Nurgle Marines x7 - Plasmagun x2, Champ, Powerfist, Rhino

266 Nurgle Marines x7 - Plasmagun x2, Champ, Powerfist, Rhino

Fast Attack

129 Chaos Bikes x3 - IoCG, Melta Gun x2

Heavy Support

150 Obliterator x2

150 Obliterator x2

235 Land Raider - extra armor (priced it at 15 points but don't have my book with me)

Models: 42 (4 vechicles)

Scoring Units: 4

Kill Points: 13

Posted from cellphone so aplogyies for formatting and spelling errors.

See less See more
#2 ·
no Lash?

not a complaint or oversight on your part, but it seems “competitive” lists rely on Lash as the end all and be all.

i’m glad you don’t, since most units are in transports any more…any way:

the list looks solid. The only things I would question is the Noise Marines and the bikers.

if geared for assault, drop the Blastmaster and give he champ a Doom Siren, other wise drop the Sonic Blasters, PF, and even the rhino and have them sit at home.

typically to get the most effectiveness from a Blastmaster (or so goes the general consensus) is to have it sitting at home and providing fire support. With the set up you have, a Doom Siren would be truly devastating.

the biker squad is too small to be effective, IMO, so I’d drop it. You could use it to add a couple of NM’s or use the points for a sit at home squad of CSM with something on it.

excellent starting effort mate.

good hunting.

#3 ·
I'm not a big fan of Lash, and think warptime is much better. I'm a fan of the I6 character killer that is the warptime prince.

As to the bikes, I find that they do always under perform, but draw SO much fire power that they make their points back in allowing everything else to remain untouched. In theory they zoom up and take out a land raider or something.

I currently use the noise marines as the sit at home unit, but include the rhino and power fist as "just in case" protection. I have found them useful against drop podding dreadnoughts or from the side annoyance. I have considered dropping the sonic blasters, but keep them for the rare kill point fight where sitting at home is less needed. I do agree that the doom siren could be good, and I will think about adding it. It would free up a few points that could provide some more fun.

Thanks for the comments.

#4 ·
Like Malaclypse said, the list is solid. Other than the suggestions already said I can't think of anything else to change. Good hunting

Frogthor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.