Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - 1500pts Vampires!
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-10, 12:07 AM
Orochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
this is for a camphaign (incorrect spelling) that the local store owner is hosting, its 1500pts no special charaters.

heres what i have, im going to make some changes probably.

Vampire: General, Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Helm of Commandment, Disspell Scroll
Right, so caster lord as a General? Drop Dark acolyte and LotD, replace with Master of the Back arts. Get Sceptre De noirot on this guy instead of his Helm of commandment to make sure he is getting 10 zombies minimum out of the ground each turn.

Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Flayed Hauberk, Sword of Might
Him, a fighter character? Inifinite hatred on this guy would be better. Skelies suck hard, ghouls are better. Take summon ghouls.

Vampire: Dark Acolyte, Lord of the Dead, Cadaverous Cuirass, Enchanted Sheild, Sword of Battle
Another fighter? Nah, get another caster. Master of the black arts, and a dispel scroll and a power stone.

10 Skellies: Champion (bodyguard for General)
Get 15 ghouls.

24 Skellies: Full Command
Drop for 2 units of 12 ghouls.

12 Dir Wolves: Doom Wolf (probably gonna chuck these guys for more Skellies)
Drop for 2 units of 3 fell bats.

9 GraveGuard: Full Command
Drop these. To smaller a unit to do much. More fell bats would be better. But you'll need points for the changes to the vampires. Take them from here, the remaining points invest in more fell bats. OR to guard the opposite flank to the Varghulf, some bat swarms.

6 Black Kights: Full Command, Barding, Standard of Hellish Vigour
Lovely. Banner of the Strigos would be a good investment however. Make sure you land those important lance hits.

Vargulf
Wonderful. I love these as much as I love Hydras.

Tell me what you think
There you are. Its a big change away from skelies...but they are just so bad. And ghouls so much better.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome