Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Space Wolves test marine
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-06-09, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Munky
Painting Munky style!

Munky's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordeth View Post
Do the same black markings on the yellow! Nothing sores my eyes more than plain yellow...
Lol I agree I will have a proper Great company marking on there on the proper minis I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syph View Post
Clean and tidy as usual. Only thing I could suggest is adding a couple of extra highlights (which I'm sure you will considering the quality of the blue of your UM commissions).

I always think battle damage looks good on SWs too.
I was considering weathering the lower legs and chainsword/powerfists in this way, Il do some weathering on this chap and repost to see what you all recon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
i would thin the high light to about half thickness or feather in a mid tone so the contrast between base and highlight isnt as stark on the grey,other than that it rocks,neat ,clean and very wolf.
Im unsure if I should do a lighter highlight or have a darker mid tone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherion View Post
I love it - looks great.

Is that gold done with the all powerfull Chestnut Ink? It sure looks like it.
Its brazen brass base coat highlighted with Brazen/Burnished Gold 50/50 mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned Fist View Post
Good clean paint job!. It looks very 'Codex" like to me and works well if that is what you are going for.
Hmm I didnt intentionally go for "codex" wolves but it is close, might have to change that.........

Also any ideas on how and what details I could add to personalise models, im good at painting nice neat stuff, but I always struggle to add details?

Last edited by Munky; 11-06-09 at 09:44 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome