Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - What is wrong with your armybook?
View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 06-28-09, 02:45 AM
NagashKhemmler

NagashKhemmler's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grik View Post
Actually HE Mages are like little kids compared to Slann Mage Priests, but to make Slann Mage Priests as powerful as they are according to fluff would unbalance the game so badly it wouldn't even be funny. I like how HE Mages are the only ones who can really equal Slann in casting Talent, I think it's great as it it is right now. Just wish Slann Mage Priests still had Drain Magic though, oh and Saurus Warriors need to be WS 4! I mean they are bread PURELY for war and fighting afterall. That's all i have really, I think the new Lizardman book is really balanced as I was skeptical of the rumored changes, but I think it's a great book.
I think Sauris warriors are the most bitched about unit atm, with 2 attacks and spears for what is a very low/measly points cost I think asking them to be more powerful is rediculous, the whole bred purely for war can be applied to half the races in warhammer. I think Lizards are the least balanced of the books so far!

I have a billion gripes for tomb kings, forcing them to take two heroes minimum but not upping the amount of heroes we can have, so whilst many armies can go all might or magic, we're always stuck halfway between worlds.

Skeleton pricing, they decreased the price of the blighters in the VC book, but we're stuck with overpriced skeletons.

Tomb Guard, again the VC equivalent is cheaper and better...

"Heavy" cavalry, costing more than some really powerful troop types and barely better than a skeleton...

In general our entire list/army is overpriced and the entire structure of the army is just inconsistent with the current edition, the way troops and especially characters are chosen.

Finally, the light horsemen, light cav but with undead drawbacks, which essentially means all benefits of being fast are destroyed by their undead nature, +20pts for pointless.

Then we have the bone giant, who costs more than newer armies seriously more powerful equivalents and he fights with a might initiative of 1 with a WS of 3, for a model costing over 200 points.....sigh.

Then there's the incantations, when they were released, this was great/fair, but then they kept making the new armies magic more and more powerful, now I essentially have a nerfed magic phase which many armies can shut down for an entire game with ease...

Last edited by NagashKhemmler; 06-28-09 at 02:54 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome