The Grey Knight Dreadnought, More than just the Psyfleman - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-11, 02:57 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I personally like the coffee-man's idea with psyassrifle. Although to be honest, in the games i have used the psyrifleman he has performed very well.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O...Crap View Post
NOISENOISENOISE
See this is why I don't listen to filthy xenoscum tau advice.

Stop trying to turn the wheel into a square, we have it perfect, thank you come again.

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 06:24 PM

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

I have to agree with Shas'O that versitility is nice, I am still fairly new to 40k but if your facing a horde type army 4 shot is not as nice as having the ability to drop pie plates(templates) no the vibe i get from him is not that he is making a more TACTICAL build for the GK dreadnaught but that he is showing a more VERISTILE dreadnaught and I for one say versatility beats all.

Now that being said this "Psyfleman" is good anit-tank ok fine get that point but is that really the only competitive build for it? If so thats very said I joined 40k for the options on building different armies and finding out different play styles. Besides if the "Psyfleman" is the only good build they wouldn't have giving the codex more options of what to equip it with. And no offense Coke but at least Shas'O came out with numbers and he even made the numbers favor missing more then hitting and still showed a improvement in the % of deaths in infantry which was his starting point to make the dreadnaught more VERSITILE!

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 07:11 PM

Luisjoey's Flag is: Venezuela

Warhammer is a game of versatility of tactics, not of the units.

an hybrid rifleman would be low at doing what you used the dred that is to hunt vehicles, so is better to play more competitive lots of times.

Visit http://calabozocriollo.foros.ws Venezuela Gaming Forum

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 07:35 PM
Unforgiven

gally912's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalarious View Post
I have to agree with Shas'O that versitility is nice, I am still fairly new to 40k but if your facing a horde type army 4 shot is not as nice as having the ability to drop pie plates(templates) no the vibe i get from him is not that he is making a more TACTICAL build for the GK dreadnaught but that he is showing a more VERISTILE dreadnaught and I for one say versatility beats all.

Now that being said this "Psyfleman" is good anit-tank ok fine get that point but is that really the only competitive build for it? If so thats very said I joined 40k for the options on building different armies and finding out different play styles. Besides if the "Psyfleman" is the only good build they wouldn't have giving the codex more options of what to equip it with. And no offense Coke but at least Shas'O came out with numbers and he even made the numbers favor missing more then hitting and still showed a improvement in the % of deaths in infantry which was his starting point to make the dreadnaught more VERSITILE!
It's not a pie plate tho, its a 3" blast, which has the ability to scatter.

Reliably, rerolled BS4 RoF 2 weapons will hit more units over the course of any given game. If we were talking a 5" that ignored cover, you'd have a good case.

But thats not what the PC does.

The psyfleman is the best build point for point, pound for pound for GK.

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is no Common Sense.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-02-11, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalarious View Post
still showed a improvement in the % of deaths in infantry which was his starting point to make the dreadnaught more VERSITILE!
I don't want versatility. I want it to do it's god-damn job and skullfuck tanks that look at me funny up to 48" away.

Also if you're having problems with infantry(Namely orks, ig, gaunts), just use two combat squads of purifiers.
Let's say 30 gaunts charge them. Deary me that is quite a few!
Roll two psychic tests. Wound thirty gaunts. Five survive to roll attacks and then get swept up. Easy.

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 08:10 PM

Question!

Whats wrong with using the missle luancher? Same cost; Strength of 9 (With psy-ammo) and 2 shots at the same range. Ya its not TL but its a strong as a lascannon and has an ap of 3. Meaning it coould deal with MEq.

Or you could even go with a missle luancher and the multi melta. If you can get that dread close enough. Bye bye anything.... mm with Strength of 9 ho!

After reading this thread you guys are simply going in circles and not looking out side the box.

Last edited by craftomega; 06-17-12 at 08:12 PM.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 11:49 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftomega View Post
After reading this thread you guys are simply going in circles and not looking out side the box.
That might have something to do with psybolt ammo not effecting missile launchers or multi-meltas.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-12, 12:49 AM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
That might have something to do with psybolt ammo not effecting missile launchers or multi-meltas.
haha, Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode