Draigowing tactica - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-11, 07:23 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Allllll for you ;)

Yes I know it's a joke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-11, 02:03 PM

Iron_Freak220's Flag is: USA

Do you prefer deep-striking or walking your palis?

I also came up with a 1750 point list variant of yours. It basically substitutes ven dreads for psyrifle. So theres 2 squads of 5 palis, 2 ven dreads with assault cannons, the vindicare and a strike squad in rhino. The plan is to have a squad of palis team up with a dread as battle buddies. Both units are very resilient and should be able to take a lot of fire.

Do you think this could work competetively or are psyrifle dreads the way to go?

Chaos Space Marines: Stay Spikey

Codex: The Ascended (Malice) WIP

Forging the Corruptor

Forum Formula Forever!

Last edited by Iron_Freak220; 06-30-11 at 03:39 PM.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-11, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Bushido's Flag is: South Africa

@ Iron Freak

I say walking them on is with out a doubt far better in just about every situation. With deep strike you run into the problem of bad rolls resulting in your enemy being able to deal with your army piece meal. I know Draigo's psychic communion does help but its still a risk which is especially dangerous since the units you are deep striking are soooooo pricey. Also I feel that you enemy having to deal with a wall of paladins from turn one is scary.

I dont think 10 paladins in a Draigowing are enough. A HUGE advantage with a spam list like the draigowing is that you force your opponent to use weapons which are not ideal for the task. In the Draigowing that would mean that taking 15+ paladins will leave less points to spend on henchmen for example. If however you skimped on paladins to take henchmen therefore and you came up against IG for example lasguns would be focused on the henchmen while melta/plasma vets would go for the paladins, if however you only took paladins there would be nothing really worthwhile for the lasguns to fire at. Its a difficult principle to explain.

Ven dreads are fine but I think that you will be better off with cheaper psyrifle dreads. Remember what destroys this list is fast mech lists like dark eldar, those autocannons can be vital. But you do have a nice idea going there

Quote:
the vindicare and a strike squad in rhino
The vindicare is not an independent character he cant join a strike squad.

"In the morning I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Also known as lt_sparky

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode