Ork Looted Wagon + Boomgun - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-08, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

War_Ape's Flag is: USA

Default Ork Looted Wagon + Boomgun

I was wondering what some of you folks thought about the Ork Looted Wagon w/ Boomgun combo. The Boomgun offers some high-explosive power, but with such poor armor, the wagon could easily fall prey to even low strength weapons. So whatta ya think?

“Why are we throwing potatoes? Why aren’t we throwing real grenades?”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-08, 01:45 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I would rather spend the points and take a battlewagon, to be honest. Looted wagons are far too flimsy to be reliable.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-08, 02:16 AM

Culler's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I would rather spend the points and take a battlewagon, to be honest. Looted wagons are far too flimsy to be reliable.
ditto. Then I look at the cost of that and realize a big mek with a SAG is probably better.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-08, 03:17 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Or do both

Though I must say, I've been having good luck fielding a stripped down wagon full of tankbustas. Expensive, but highly mobile and ultra-lethal. Anything they shoot at dies.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-08, 05:13 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Same here. Looted wagons aren't worth taking at all in my opion. Upgrade to a battlewagon or us the points on other things that are more effective.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-08, 05:52 PM

I must respectfully disagree. I think the boomgun is great at the cost. Either they deal with it and let your boyz get closer or your trukks advance or they get slammed by it. I think two belong in most horde lists. They are under appreciated now but I've noticed a trend and they are becoming more respectable lately. Really, at the point cost a ard case wagon is not too much at all considering it only needs hit a squad of beakies once to make its points. The range is not too bad either.
Now used them as transports is anither matter entirely. Boomwagons do not need passengers.Yes, it may indeed be shot down or immobilazed before it gets a shot off but then its drawn fire and done its job regardless. If it does hit, it has a respectable pie plate ordance shot that Ork can take advantage of. It insta kills a lot of troop types too. I've seen them do a lot of damage in games. Sure a SaG can be good but do not tell me its more reliable then the wagon. Just keep it in cover early, let only obscured shots hit it and get a shot in when you can.

Last edited by bebe; 04-01-08 at 06:02 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-08, 06:14 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

Those who are not with the Boom Wagon Orks, are against the Boom Wagon Orks! Fire!!!

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-08, 07:03 PM

Bogg's Flag is: Norway

I havnt fielded a wagon yet, cause I fill my Looted wagon with a group of flamers, I keep them inside, and close to my lootas, to counter any daring Deep strike manouvers close to them,....and that works....

My enemy have enough to worry about, when they see my 60 Orks Swarm up the middle

If I were to take an ordnace weapon i would deffo take the battlewagon, anything other is kinda waste imo..

And if I ever was to get a lootaed wagon, I would take two..no less

Bye

Orks - Salamanders - IG -Tau - Necron - Csm - Nids - Dark Eldar

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode