My take on DE - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

search116's Flag is: USA

Default My take on DE

My first thought’s on this was man this is probably the best 5th edition codex. So since this is a marine blog I’m going to Discuss how to beat them. For those that play on board’s with heavy amount of terrain beware as you probably won’t be able to trace line of sight until it is to late. One thing that works consistently well is getting the first turn with long range Anti Mech weaponry. It is crucial to break the knee’s of the Dark Eldar’s agility. Try to keep yourself between two pieces of terrain one in front of you and one behind you as these will discourage raiders to use there slave hooks to snatch you up. If there is two things I learned in my 3 games against the buggers is that: one agonizers eat through marines like a mouse goes through cheese, two you can’t outmaneuver these guys are to quick. My heavy weapons of choice for these guys are my favorite…. Assualt Cannons with the 4 shots you shot out you can blow away there laughable toughness and armor save and if need be you can point it at a raider and blow it up or stop it in its tracks. Also out of all the chapter specific codex’s Ive noticed that blood angels and Space wolves have a easyier time with them then the vanilla marines or grey knights & Dark Angels. Wych’s man these guys are annoying I would say if you are going to have a priority put these gal’s and guys high up there. When Deploying I will go in a pincer formation and keep some outflanking scouts with melta bombs in reserve, this coupled with immbolizing them first turn lets you do some damage. If you are going to Devastator squads , don’t do it take a tactical squad along with a razorback not only is it cheaper it provides another scoring unit with another assault cannon which is always good in my book. Katie Drake put me on the Idea of assault cannons .

To summarize this I would say get yourself In a heavily fortified position and I just try stopping the targets and the victory will follow.

Pros: Awesome Speed

Pain Bonuses

Great weaponry

Cons: Mediocre Save

low Toughness

low armor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 01:40 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

No offence, but hardly a take on the DE aside from "look at stats".

You might want to go a bit more into how units work, potential combinations, things to watch out for, etc.

Then you might want to go about how the meta game works - such as, this is a typical Marine List you'll find, Captain, Librarian, Command Squad, Transport, 3 SM Squads and Transport, Assault Squad, a couple of Tanks. Now, a Dark Eldar list built to take this list on has Sliscus and Trueborn in a Raider with 4 Blasters, which are a major threat as they can DS behind your tanks, blah blah.

You could get a job working for Games Workshop by saying Dark Eldar are fast with powerful attacks but low defence. Many want to read the ins and outs.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

search116's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
No offence, but hardly a take on the DE aside from "look at stats".

You might want to go a bit more into how units work, potential combinations, things to watch out for, etc.

Then you might want to go about how the meta game works - such as, this is a typical Marine List you'll find, Captain, Librarian, Command Squad, Transport, 3 SM Squads and Transport, Assault Squad, a couple of Tanks. Now, a Dark Eldar list built to take this list on has Sliscus and Trueborn in a Raider with 4 Blasters, which are a major threat as they can DS behind your tanks, blah blah.

You could get a job working for Games Workshop by saying Dark Eldar are fast with powerful attacks but low defence. Many want to read the ins and outs.
Thanks for the constructive commenting Ill keep that in mind when I write these articles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode