Versus Eldrad Ulthran - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-25-08, 03:53 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Witch Hunter players could take that funky Orbital Strike that targets psykers and removes their powers. That's one way to make sure that Eldrad doesn't get to cause too much damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-26-08, 03:48 AM

Is this obital strike a psychic power of its own?

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-26-08, 01:13 PM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

No. It's a Psyk-out warhead. Orbital Strikes are a heavy support choice. I would not recommend an orbital strike when WH/DH have much better options for heavies. 9 Penitant Engines comes to mind...

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-31-08, 06:19 AM
Siege's Flag is: Australia

Guess what!? My regular gaming opponent who plays Eldar saw this thread and next time our forces meet he assures me Eldrad will be there.

Hopefully after a few battles I will be back with some advice on exactly how to deal with this guy effectively. FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!

Please help Keak reach his full potential.

Last edited by Siege; 03-31-08 at 06:24 AM.
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 03:30 AM

Necrons have a few useful weapons against him. One of the weapons ignores armour amd invun saves. Pariahs have it.
Plenty of items that force perils of the warp checks, and failing that a decent sized squad of any infantry with rapid fire. His toughness is low and while 3+ invun save with rerolls is outstanding, its not a certainty. Heck, law of averages state that if a full squad of imperial guardsmen shoot at him at short range, he will find it difficult not to be overcome by sheer number of shots.
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-02-08, 07:32 PM

GoRy's Flag is: United Kingdom

I dare say it's the same as taking out every dangerous character if your opponent is silly enough to play him as an independant character. Swamp him with firepower (Ar wit da boyz if yur a wee bit orky). I haven't seen the new lists though, so what sort of bodyguard is he allowed? I haven't spotted anyone mentioning so sorry if someones already posted it, it's just that any valid strategy for defeating him is going to have to include a valid way of taking out any bodyguard he has with him at the time, which makes it much tricker. I would dare say a decent Space Marine command squad with a tactical squad thrown in can take down most things if utilised correctly, but his close-combat prowess could make things much more difficult than usual.
post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-03-08, 03:55 AM

azalin_r3x's Flag is: Grreece

a simple solution to everything ofcourse can be mass shooting...
he can get warlocks (3-10), you can also place him inside any unit you want.
but even if he is all alone, he is IC, meaning you can't hit him, if there is another unit closer to you and 6 inches close to him...

well, since i play him time to time.. i find anoying, psychic hoods, and calidus assassin is a problem. ofcourse you can still assault him so he can't cast 3 spells per round and no shooty-ones

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode