Versus Eldrad Ulthran - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-21-08, 11:00 PM

Frostbite's Flag is: USA

If fighting Eldrad, I'd take him on like any Space Marine Character. Masses of pulse fire (Or bolters, or what have you) means he has to fail some of his saves (89% means that for ten wounds, he fails one save). I'd also chuck a whole bunch of Missile Pods at him (Or Autocannons, etc), hell, I could swamp him with Kroot. There are many ways of dealing with Inv saves, and massed fire tends to do it pretty well.

We live in fame, or go down in flames!

This is a game like real war, played against time, and played under circumstances of considerable excitement, and it is remarkable how elastic the measurements of quite honest and honourable men can become.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 12:28 AM
Siege's Flag is: Australia

To be honest, I would just try an avoid him as best I could, Tau are probably the most mobile army out there, and I'd be more worried about the Harlequins dancing near my Firewarriors. Being an IC, shooting him with everything you've got isn't always an option, and in the end you'd probably be better off pointing those guns at something else. If I screwed up and he did somehow manage to get too close, well, I'd send my Kroot with Kroot Hounds at him, same thing I do with anything that gets a little closer than I like.

Please help Keak reach his full potential.

Last edited by Siege; 03-22-08 at 12:32 AM.
post #13 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

So if you decide not to take him out, how do you cope with his abilities?

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #14 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerNo3 View Post
how about a asassin
A vindicare assassin can target him even if he's attached to a squad can he not? If that is possible, I still see the point about not shooting at him, just not worth it. But in the case of the assassin, he is there for this kind of stuff.

About putting him down.
1. Faith points. The sisters can negate any psych power on a 5+ if they use the faith point correct?
2. Assualt. Depending on what squad he is attached to, it could be fairly easy to assualt him. I used to through him with my DA in a Waveserpent. It was very effective for a few games. One game, the squad was assualted by a horde of guants because I moved them up too far. Eldrad's entire squad was destroyed. Of course that was against nids and I did not play them very well.

Power wise, I can't think of a whole lot that will deal with him. Most of his powers are friendly (fortune, guide) and the other three have a limited range (doom-24, Eldritch storm-18, Mind War-18 and LoS). I would try to stay out of his way and out of his range the best I could. Send Vehicles for him if anything as he cannon do as much against them, besides eldritch storm.

-Eldrad's favorite thing to read is the Emperor's mind, such a simple and amusing thing it is.

"Bide your time and hold out hope"
-The Count of Monte Cristo
post #15 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 04:40 AM

Steel Rain's Flag is: USA

Pull out and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. Haha sorry I had to say that.

Seriously, witch hunters are BUILT for fighting psykers, so if you are playing imperials you may want to take some WH allies. Take an inquisitor lord or an inquisitor. He'll need hexagrammic wards so that psychic tests are at -1. Psi-tracker so you get re-rolls, Power stake wounds on 2+ vs psykers, psychic hood is a must. Psycannon bolts will negate that invul save. Henchmen will be dependant on whether you want to go assault or shooting.

Quote:
*sigh* I have to point out that despite what you see in games, lasrifles win wars. Just because lasrifles suck at killing superhuman killing machines in power armor does not mean that they are bad weapons. You are shooting them at the wrong targets. The most common enemy the Imperium faces is lightly armored humans armed with lasguns or autoguns, NOT SPACE MARINES.
-me
post #16 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 11:16 AM

azalin_r3x's Flag is: Grreece

doesn't he have 2 attacks since he carries a pistol too?

and is his spear a singing one? (it wounds on a 2+ as singing do, but it doesn't mention anywhere it is one)

also i would say he is not totally dead . as long as few of his waystones have still life on them, there is still hope for his spirit (right? )

as for how to deal with him, i guess assassins are your best bet.

psychic hoods though make his life difficult
post #17 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalin_r3x View Post
doesn't he have 2 attacks since he carries a pistol too?

and is his spear a singing one?
Singing spears are two-handed weapons, so if he has a singing spear then he doesn't get the extra attack for having two weapons.

Sig made by Tau Chaotix
post #18 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 12:44 PM

azalin_r3x's Flag is: Grreece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silb View Post
Singing spears are two-handed weapons, so if he has a singing spear then he doesn't get the extra attack for having two weapons.
most of the heroes wield two handed weapons in one hand...
post #19 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalin_r3x View Post
most of the heroes wield two handed weapons in one hand...
It doesn't matter if it's modelled to look like it is in one hand, it is still too large and heavy to be used more than once or in a combination with a one-handed weapon.

Actually, forget the whole thing I just said, I just checked the codex and it says he has a witchblade, a pistol, AND a big staff thing. So I think he can either use his staff (for one powerful attack) or the pistol and the witchblade (for two slightly less-powerful attacks)..

Sig made by Tau Chaotix
post #20 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-08, 02:28 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

Ignore him and wipe out everything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode