Death Company loadout question - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Nectar of the Gods!

shampawnya's Flag is: Canada

Death Company loadout question

I recently picked up 2 death company packs and I know I want to load them out with jump packs and chainswords for the assault aspect... my question is it really worth the points to, out of the 5 per pack, give 2 hand flamers, 2 infernus pistols and one bolt pistol.

Also if in anyone's history of using death company have found that this loadout doesn't work too well, most especially with multiple hand flamers. If I had my way i'd loadout the 10 with 4 hand flamers and 4 infernus pistols... I'm curious as to how well this would work against hordes/swarms and vehicles.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 05:08 AM

Kirby's Flag is: Australia

A couple of infernous pistols wouldn't be amiss but not so with handflamers. Due to rage you're going to be moved a lot essentially by your opponent, must especially by mech. A couple of pistols stops this to an extent as you can effectively pop transports. Hand flamers not so much as if you're in range to hand flame, you're generally in range to assault which is where you want the DC anyway and you don't want your opponent to run away.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Nectar of the Gods!

shampawnya's Flag is: Canada

Thanks! I guess that I should then go with 2 infernus pistols and maybe 1 flamer in a squad of 10... I frequently play a 'nid player.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 08:48 AM
Jono's Flag is: Australia

I would say just skip the flamers all together... you will kill enough at str 5 I5 charging in that it just wont matter, maybe spend a few points on some PW's or PF's... 1 PF is almost a must, since some opponents will rage you into a dred, and without it your boned.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 05:43 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Yeah I'd spend points on close combat upgrades over shooting ones on a squad of Death Company. Grab a thunder hammer or power fist and possibly a power weapon as well and you're good to go.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 06:58 PM

jaws900's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by shampawnya View Post
my question is it really worth the points to, out of the 5 per pack, give 2 hand flamers, 2 infernus pistols and one bolt pistol.
My question is it worth the poitns jsut for the DC's as it is.
My personal prefrance is that give a unti of 10 2 Ifurnus pistols and the rest power swords. You don't need hand flamers and DC's will much almost anything in combat as it is and you NEED melta wepaons as raging into a dreadnoguht will spoil your day.

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 09:31 PM

hand flamers aren't great in a squad of DC and personally neither are jump packs. they're way too expensive with jump packs on so a rhino or razorback is a better option. also you can control their movement within a transport too.

Best set up in my eyes is 2 infernus, a power weapon and a thunder hammer, 6 men in an assautl cannon razorback most powerful version I've fielded anyway

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 10:03 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Agreement. Just do not give them bolters since there really is no tactical strength here.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 10:09 PM

well having bolters isn't as bad an idea as it used to be. they're relentless now so they can fire them and still charge in. have a chainsword and a bolt pistol on the charge you're getting 4 attacks on the charge plus the pistol shot so that's 5, of only 1 has an AP, with the bolter you have 3 attacks on the charge, plus the 2 shots of the bolter so still 5 attacks but 2 of them have AP of 5 now. great against eldar, dark eldar, tau and guard who would get saves from CC but not from their shooting.

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-10, 11:34 PM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

I happen to agree with the sentiment of not using JP on DC. I use a 5 man DC squad 4 with PW and one with a PF. You really need the PF as they are kinda like retarded maniacs that just go every damn where on the board. I keep mine in a LR until I want them to wreak havoc, and they do wreak havoc very well. Just my two cents.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode