Death Company loadout question - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-10, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Nectar of the Gods!

shampawnya's Flag is: Canada

Thanks for all the help guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 03:21 AM

Andrakis's Flag is: USA

I agree that a powerfist is necessary for a unit of DC. But beyond that, I do not add anything (Other than possibly a chaplain!). Power weapons are a *large* point sink. If you think about what you would be applying the power weapons against, typically they are units with small numbers. Your weight of numbers with 4 attacks on the charge at STR and I 5 should be able to drag down quite a few without needing to spend the extra points. Consider spending the points from power weapons on a few more members.

Put them in a storm raven, and let them assault out of it where you need them. DC are useful for killing one enemy unit. After that, it's about positioning with consolidation after combat and luck.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 10:28 PM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

So you don't recommend using jumppack DC?

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 05:22 AM

Jump pack DC cost too much, and with rage their added mobility just means they're even better at getting pulled out position. 6" movement isn't great, but with a transport they still get around just fine and you can get them to actually travel where you want them to, which is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 07:06 AM

louisshli's Flag is: Hong Kong

Just saw this thread. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 infernus pistol, hand flamer or plasma pistol for every 5 DC you have in the unit. So having 2 infernus in a unit of 6 is not 'legal'. I'm currently buildnig an 8 man DC unit w/ 2 power weapons, 1 infernus pistol & 1 thunder hammer. These guys will go inside a drop-pod, led by a Reclusiarch in terminator armor. I can't find it anywhere in the BA codex that says a Terminator Chaplain cannot be inside a pod. I reckon 8 man DC plus 1 Chaplain (who counts as two models for transport purpose) will be okay. Let me know if anyone disagrees or can source either the SM codex or BBB that I can't.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 10:15 AM

Zodd's Flag is: Denmark

I am not sure the Termi-Reclusiarch can go in the Drop Pod. The only Dedicated Transports available for Terminators are the different kinds of Land Raiders.

Have You Hugged Your Dread Today ?
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
I am not sure the Termi-Reclusiarch can go in the Drop Pod. The only Dedicated Transports available for Terminators are the different kinds of Land Raiders.
He can.....

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 11:24 AM

But why would you want a chaplain? Chaplains are bad. Plus they don't do a whole lot for death company anymore. Is this one of those "but the fluff says so" things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 11:25 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyklown View Post
But why would you want a chaplain? Chaplains are bad. Plus they don't do a whole lot for death company anymore. Is this one of those "but the fluff says so" things?
'Cause not everyone plays for maximum efficiency. You should know this.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyklown View Post
He's not using a Chaplin, he's using a Reclusiarch, cheapish HQ. if his area has a lot of Psychic defence could be a good choice.

But then again he's playing with Death Company so not ultra-competitive anyway but not bad.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode