Power fist or Power weapons on Bezerkers - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Daddysen's Flag is: USA

Power fist or Power weapons on Bezerkers

so pretty simple question . Are Power Fists or Power weapons mor effective on Khorne bezerker Skull Champs? I have heard both ways and i just want a clear answer from a bunch of people all in one place I run into this topic a lot in other threads
mostly it boils down to this
-the sheer power of the fist-
and
-the ability to take advantage of the furious charge initiative bonus-
so which is better?

Sen

Draw them in with the prospect of gain, take them by confusion. - Sun Tzu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 09:49 AM

Darkblade's Flag is: Netherlands

well, with the fists you have the ability to knock tanks down. Thats the mayor shiny glittery + on fists. Basically, if you think your gonna send your bezerker down the enemy who has tanks, or even more important, walkers, take the fist.

If you want to risk the chance that your unit never comes in touch with a walker, take the power weapon.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 09:58 AM

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Against the standart marine, it makes no difference if you go powerweapon or powerfist wound wise, but you will strike before them with the pw and after them with the fist.

But as Darkblade said, the fist makes it possible for you destroy walkers and easier wounding for MC. At the same time, It actually makes it possible to take down a LR or a monolith. With FC the fist is going to have a terrible high str of 9, make it possible to penetrate even the thickest armour;)

I would go for the fist, and let the ordinary attacks take down marines and stuff like that;)

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 10:19 AM
Jono's Flag is: Australia

Berserkers have enough attacks at S5, I5 that taking the PW won't really be needed. They will generally be killy enough on the charge that taking a PF is more for safety than killyness. Getting your zerkers charged by a dred will be the end of them without the PF. Sure they have krak, but 1 krak each hitting on 6 glancing on 6 is not a good way to take down a dred.

All my Zerker squads have fists, and I would never take a PW on them. I would take a fist, or leave the champ bare.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 10:42 AM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fists are also awesome at squishing T4 characters...

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 12:09 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Fist, its more versatile, and berzerkers champs have 4 powerfist attacks on the charge. Still power swords make more sense on berzerkers then on any other CSM champs since they are str5 with 5 attacks on the charge.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 03:55 PM

b.anthracis's Flag is: England

The only occasion I take a PW Champ with my Berzerker is when I field Kharn with them. The reason is that you have to kill the guy with the PF in the enemy unit, before he can strike Kharn and instakill him. Therefore the 5 more PW Attacks at I5 are crucial for Kharn's survival. And Kharn is pretty good against walkers and tanks anyway. The only problem are MCs.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 05:40 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would use the pw. Although being an eldar player I do value speed above power. The zerkers should not have been charged by a dread becuase your heavy support should have eliminated it as they charged in. Your fault only if they do get charged by said dread.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 06:52 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Berserkers have enough attacks at S5, I5 that taking the PW won't really be needed. They will generally be killy enough on the charge that taking a PF is more for safety than killyness. Getting your zerkers charged by a dred will be the end of them without the PF. Sure they have krak, but 1 krak each hitting on 6 glancing on 6 is not a good way to take down a dred.

All my Zerker squads have fists, and I would never take a PW on them. I would take a fist, or leave the champ bare.
sorry, but walkers havea weapon skill, meaning that you will hit normally, not on 6's like normal vehicles. i would go for a fist because berzerkers get an insane amount of attacks. where an SM champ would get 3 attacks on the charge, a skull champ gets 4, hitting on 3's against most normal infantry. the fist is highly beneficial for pulping ICs and big stuff, like monstrous creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-10, 07:32 PM

Darkblade's Flag is: Netherlands

Correct me, but grenade attacks on all walkers are 6 always, unless immobiled as far as i know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode