'Versus...' Rules and Suggestions. WE NEED IDEAS! - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-16-08, 07:39 AM

Well, I ment Ork hordes in the 5th edition. 2 things have changed:

- They are faster due to running
- Players will take even more troops than ussual due to the 'scoring unit' change

But I guess we could discuss it in the existing thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-16-08, 02:24 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

I've Cunningly heard people mention their tough so I think I'm going to suggest (in a very Cunning way) the Cunning WRAITHGUARD! They're high T, have a good save, especially with a concealing Spirit Seer, and in 5th could be used to capture objectives if a full squad is taken. All in all they a very Cunning unit.

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
post #103 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-20-08, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
Well, I ment Ork hordes in the 5th edition. 2 things have changed:

- They are faster due to running
- Players will take even more troops than ussual due to the 'scoring unit' change

But I guess we could discuss it in the existing thread.
I understand why they should be discussed again, but it really should be in their existing thread.

I expect to see a lot of the old Versus threads popping back up, beging for updates.

So yeah, by all means, go back to the ork thread and ask if anyone has any 5th ed suggestions.

Also, due to the overwhelming demand this week, we are indeed doing Wraithguard!

Suggestions Pool As Of Week 22
Asterix (*) denotes units that have been suggested more than once.
Sniper Drones
Mephiston
Wraithlord ***
The Nightbringer
The Deceiver *
Jump Packers
Kharn the Betrayer
Tigurius
Master of the Ravenwing
Abaddon the Despoiler
Howling Banshees
The Deathwing
Bikes/Jetbikes
Dreadnoughts
Defilers
Tau Stealth Teams
Ork Skullhammer
Eldar Rangers/Pathfinders
Grey Knights
Leman Russ*
Death Cult Assassins
Greater Daemons
Soulgrinder
Fear of the Darkness
The Plaguefather
Ghazghkull Thraka
Bloodthirster
Skulltaker
The Changeling
The Deathwing
Genestealers
Scarab Swarms
Tank Armies
Whirlwinds

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #104 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-20-08, 05:02 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Please don't do VS threads for individual units or characters anymore because most people only every post 'shoot it with lots of S10 things' etc, which is sooooooo pointless. Katie did a great bit on the SoulGrinder recently, but that sort of post is so rare that it is hardly worth reading VS threads now.

How about VS threads for common army lists that come up at tournies or club nights instead?
post #105 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-21-08, 08:04 AM

MindFreaky's Flag is: South Africa

I don't really mind if it's vs whole army lists or specific units, but I'd personally like to see tips vs Nightbringer or the Deceiver, I've never played vs Necrons before, but I do know they're popular at the club I plan to attend sometime

Come my minions... let us steal their souls.
post #106 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-21-08, 11:04 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFreaky View Post
I don't really mind if it's vs whole army lists or specific units, but I'd personally like to see tips vs Nightbringer or the Deceiver, I've never played vs Necrons before, but I do know they're popular at the club I plan to attend sometime
There is no need for a threads for VS the Nightbringer, other than the one that there is already.

People only ever say 'shoot it with Lascannons' and 'don't let it hit you'. How useful is that? Not very, because that works against any IC/MC. Which is why threads for VS IC/MC or individual units are meaningless. They NEVER come on their own and are always part of an army.
If you build an army purely to kill your opponent's IC/MC or single unit he will win. I see this often when people make a list purely to kill my Monolith - mostly the Monolith takes 4 turns to die, during which time I have usually done enough damage to his whole army that I can win the game without much effort.
post #107 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-23-08, 05:59 AM

abaddonthedespoir's Flag is: USA

well, at least this thread wont have to deal with wave serpents... as in 5ed they're front armour 2 , but the new blaster are str 36 inches and type 2, so we're gonna have to watch out for those

-Abaddon
post #108 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-23-08, 12:47 PM

I like darklove's idea about a whole army thread actually....
What about Vs. a full assault squad BA army? I've only used it in small games and it's totally destroyed all opposition. In bigger games they can have vet. squads with meltas for antitank and be an overall balanced enough list so I'd like to see how people would challenge it.....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #109 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I'm putting Versus on hold for now. Things are a little hectic for me at the moment.

I still want to keep the individual units as part of versus, because sometimes a specific unit CAN be a pain in the ass to deal with, but people just have to remember (and be reminded by others) that we;re not talking about just that unit, standing alone in the middle of an open field. A problem unit is likely to be supported and you;ll have to take that into consideration when you give advice.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #110 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-01-08, 05:53 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

hi guys,

im sure while galahads away, he won't mind if i post up the vs. every week. ill try and keep an eye on it.

any suggestions for vs. threads, please post em up.

lastly, i noticed a few posts up that someone mentioned a fast 'speed freak' type ork army. would this be a good place to start with the next vs or could someone suggest something a little more specific?

Last edited by cccp; 08-01-08 at 05:56 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode