black templars prefered enemy? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Default black templars prefered enemy?

so yeah just want some quick peace of mind as you all know i play orks well the guy i played against most has a rule of prefered enemy

is it right that he can re roll all failed to hits? (this screwed me bad in CC)

any other nice info on this chapter would be nice like how to break open there shells and get to the gooey goodness lol (p.s im horde)

all comments welcome cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 11:43 AM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

Large squads of boyz with nob power claw, 3 battlewagons with deffrollas, Ghazgulthraka with a squad of mega nobz and deff dreads and a well timed Waaagh!

That about sums up a ass kicking for anyone. lol

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who can’t handle how kick-butt reality is… I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 11:48 AM

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Yes, emperors champion are able to take the vow named "accept any challenge, no matter the odds" which gives the army preferred enemy, and therefore he is able to re-roll failed to hit roles.

But there is some downsides to it too. As for starters his neophytes doesn't benefit from the vow, and therefore aint able to re-roll to hit. Next any unit able to launch a assault has to.

As further information on black templar, they got some nice tricks like troop choice being able to take LRC as dedicated transports and veterans being able to purchase veteran skills, assault termies with dual lightning claws and furious charge are really scary in my book.

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

yes they are hated his termies so when he does his re rolls does he have to re roll all of the dice or just his bad rolls? i was really not enjoying CC with him next time im going to take a weirdboy to deal with the termies a nize zzap or a frazzle should do the trick

or alternativley i could just pour hot lead into them when i get my lootas :D lol
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 01:07 PM

Champion Auzias's Flag is: USA

With Templar, as long as the vow is taken, even if the champion is alive or zzapped by Zag, the vow stands, unfortunatly.

About the neophytes- not entirely true. If he takes a Chaplain- the templar's other favorite HQ choice- everyone in the party, even neophytes who normally can't, can re-roll failed hits.

And to clear it up, he rerolls all FAILED rolls. It really hurts horde orks in that they get so many hits, and with the average boy's statline, it can really give them a bruising. What I'd reccomend is Nobs with hidden claws, those can really Tear into Templar. Deny them the charge, as well, and try to hit him first whenever possible to deny the extra attack, and try to hit him with units with a higher I rating, or he'll just rip and chop again.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Black Templars- The Redemption Crusade
W-7/L-0/D-2
Space Marines- The Shadowrunners
W-2/L-1/D-0
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

well i was planning on using the weirdboy with the nobz to go against his termies and just use a normal slugga boyz mob perhaps with warboss to toe to toe with his tact sqaud with chaplain and hope that should work
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 03:10 PM

Templar are CC you are CC you outnumber him, but if he charges he will get his licks in first and u will take a beating. Given your numbers you should be able to deal some dmg back seeing as your power claw has more base attacks than his power fist. You have a crappy save he has a good one. Just hope he doesnt roll like a god and cause a rediclious amount of wounds.

My Dark Eldar Tactica WIP https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=55046

Jon "Yukface" Regul is a tool.......See it almost rhymes
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-10, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

it dont matter if he rolls like a god or not he gets re rolls on his fails so on average he fails mayb 2 - 3 hits i would fail say 12+ (thats just a random calculation but you get the idea lol)

im debating a boom gun as he said to bring more points next time because people go home so if someone drops out i can bring on some more models so im hoping with this weapon i can just blow them up

Last edited by cazmac; 02-26-10 at 04:20 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-10, 04:51 AM

Champion Auzias's Flag is: USA

A big gun as a good chance of compounding the problem. You see, another facet of Templar is the Righteous Zeal roll. When the templar lose a model to shooting attacks, they take a morale check. When they fail it, they flee, so you do have the chance of chasing them off the board. But if they pass, they rush towards you- during your turn. Though this can be used to get them into perfect position for a charge, it morelikely than not, lets them get right up into your face to get charged. Just be wary.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Black Templars- The Redemption Crusade
W-7/L-0/D-2
Space Marines- The Shadowrunners
W-2/L-1/D-0
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-10, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

omg i never knew that is that on all units or just certain ones? because next time ill mow him with my shoota boyz then counter charge with my sluggas again will still enjoy blowing him up with the big gunz and boom gun lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode