Fateweaver, How Do YOU Use Him? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

solitaire's Flag is: England

Default Fateweaver, How Do YOU Use Him?

Fateweaver is a powerful and gruesome character for Chaos Daemons whose skills far outweigh that of a normal Lord of Change. He is fast, average at combat and can potentially destroy a both tank and weaken an enemy unit in the same turn turn. But by far his most useful ability is the Oracle of Eternity where he 'out Eldars the Eldar'.

But where can one make the most of his strengths and negates his weaknesses? Should he be put with a load of Bloodcrushers to make that already resilient combat unit truly invincible? Should Fateweaver be placed with a swarm of lesser daemons to create a horde that is all but unstoppable? Or is it best to position him with enough Tzeentchian Daemon Princes to form a mobile firing platform capable of destroying anything that they turn their attention to? And then there are questions such as which wave he should go in?

I would like to know how you use him, how you would use him and what methods have failed in the past.

I'm hoping to get lots of responses and debates with this but we'll see how it all pans out. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."

Last edited by solitaire; 09-11-09 at 08:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 07:18 PM

Praxiss's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fate Weaver? Never heard of it.

Current Armies:
Iron Warriors: 7180
Necrons: 2800
Crimson Fists: 2750
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

solitaire's Flag is: England

He's for Chaos Daemons. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 08:49 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Heh. Not too many people play Daemons, so it's not surprising that some aren't familiar with Fateweaver.

Fateweaver is a Lord of Change that has inferior stats to a normal Lord of Change but has a multitude of special abilities that make him one of the most deadly characters in the entire game. Most important is his special rule called the Oracle of Eternity which allows Fateweaver and all other friendly Daemonic units within 6" of him to reroll failed saves of any kind - much like the Eldar psychic power Fortune. Thus, having Fateweaver in proximity to any unit of Daemons makes them significantly more resilient.

The downside to Fateweaver is that he's extremely expensive points wise. He weighs in at over 330 points and has a poor set of characteristics for a Greater Daemon. He is also forced to take a Leadership test every time the enemy successfully causes a wound on him (no mean feat when you take Oracle of Eternity into account) - should he fail the test, he is immediately removed as a causality.

I personally use Fateweaver pretty frequently. He tends to hang out among a bunch of Lesser Daemons (most commonly Horrors of Tzeentch and Bloodletters) which makes both of these units extremely resilient and allows them to go about their business without much need to worry. Once a unit of 9 of my Plaguebearers was hit directly by a Basilisk, but because of Fateweaver's influence only a single model died - yes, that's right. Just one!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 11:04 PM

Sqwerlpunk's Flag is: USA

I think all Daemon players use him in a pretty similar manner.

Pack shit next to him to make in nigh invulnerable.

Has the Infiltrate USR {NTGU}
>>Sqwerl's Tactical Squads<<

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-09, 05:03 AM

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

In my opinion, he is far too expensive for anything under 2000 points. The only time I use him is in Apoc in junction with An'ggrath the Unbound or something equally spectacular.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode