Which army do you believe needs the most stratigizing to play? - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

View Poll Results: Which army do you believe needs the most stratigizing to play? Post a Poll
Chaos Space Marines 7 2.98%
Inquisition (i could only make a possible 10 awnsers) 50 21.28%
Dark Eldar 69 29.36%
Eldar 31 13.19%
Imperial Guard 30 12.77%
Necrons 7 2.98%
Orks 6 2.55%
Space Marines 8 3.40%
Tau 22 9.36%
Tyranids 5 2.13%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-01-08, 08:11 PM

i say Ig not because tacitcs are hard but you have to read the game turns ahead
guard are to week to use foolishly
the point is the tricky part of guard to me is getting their value without them getting killed by something before you get some kils in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-01-08, 10:56 PM

Cinder's Flag is: USA

To me its going to have to be a pure Grey Knights army. There is just not enough of them and because of lack of transportation other than a Land Raider their is just not that much room for error with those guys. And for every Grey Knight that falls you really do feel it.
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-02-08, 02:39 PM

PanzerPig's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm sorry, but Cron's, CSM and Sm are not difficult to play, i expect while a few of ppl who say they are may be vets who see MEQ killer lists daily and in that case fair enough. But to me the majority will merely be attempting to justify picking an army because they went 'Wow, 3+ save' by claiming that rly its hard tactically to use.

While i play eldar, a fairly tactical list it is by no means the most challaging to me (i can see arguments for it however), eldar do have the advantage that every unit is pretty much stated what it does so do it like tht or die! I voted DE because as someone earlier stated, open topped AV bottle rocket tanks will always be hard to use, combined with troops that fall over in a strong breeze this team rly does require a good idea of how to utilize cover and the battlefeild to work in their favor, hats off to any DE players. Also noted i don't count Inquisition as my above mentioned easier armies, as they cost so blasted much.

P.s. before i get the inevitable hate mail, i've never collected Inquistion so not attempting to justiy it but i did get Space Wolves.

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-02-08, 08:31 PM

Just throwing it out there but I really don't believe any well-made list of eldar or tau is at all strategically challenging.

Now a list of eldar in the new edition where they HAVE to rely on guardians and dire avengers, that'll be respect points all over the place, but as of fourth edition, you're high thinking they're difficult to play. And tau aren't any better. Sure if you make it into the frontline you almost have them, but good luck getting there. Markerlights and smartmissiles(friggen hate those) are abysmal. But again, fifth edition will balance it out with running and better cover rules.

I'd have to say dark eldar. They NEED tactics to even squeek out a draw.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-05-08, 04:15 AM

I personally find Dark Eldar to be the most challenging to play, but darn are they rewarding when everything clicks. Inquisition is a close second, but I have had very little experience facing them and when I have it was always a very one sided victory in my favor. I think someone said it best when they said your opponents army plays a huge factor in this decision because there are certain armies that can just give other armies fits. It just so happens that I think Dark Eldar have the most problems with a good chunk of opponents because like they say "Even the best laid plans..."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode