how would you use DA's - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-09, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

how would you use DA's

i use my da's with my exarch using dual catapults and im just wondering how yall use Da's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-09, 04:07 PM

As Target Practice for my bolters

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-09, 08:28 PM

Culler's Flag is: USA

Exarch with double catapults and bladestorm, max squad size, mounted in a wave serpent. Defend if I've got extra points sitting around.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-09, 12:33 AM

Same as Culler, except I put in a Farseer with doom and guide.
If you do use my idea please please please don't be dumb and measure your physic abilities from the edge of the wings(of the wave serpent), I find that cheap...but I guess it would be your call.

Those who ask questions only train themselves in asking questions
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-09, 01:27 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I measure from the edge of the FINS, because they are part of the hull, or else I wouldn't bother to glue them on. Wraithbone is psychically conductive material, no reason why it wouldn't help you cast further, fluffily. It's also the rule. Nevermind of course that that's where my opponent will expect to measure range to for his attempts to shoot me down. Or to charge me.

I use either squads of 5, or 10 without an Exarch, and always in either a Serpent or Falcon. If they're on foot they're far too weak to take a round of shooting from any equivalent points enemy unit. I find the additional BS and WS of an Exarch gives no huge benefit, and for the cost of an Exarch, Bladestorm, and the Twin Catapults you could have gotten something that might conceivably get to shoot more than once.

5 is enough to take objectives - because they shouldn't get out unless it's to deliver a crushing blow to the opponent, in some sort of position that they will be unable to return fire - in which case 5 is enough to do the job anyway. Save the points for either an extra unit, or a good squad...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-09, 12:11 PM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Well i have my exarch equipped with power weapon and Shimmershield. I take defend and shoot retreat shoot charge. I hsve never lost more then 2 of my dire avengers. I have played khorne deamons in close combat and Terminators.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-09, 09:32 PM

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucus009 View Post
Same as Culler, except I put in a Farseer with doom and guide.
If you do use my idea please please please don't be dumb and measure your physic abilities from the edge of the wings(of the wave serpent), I find that cheap...but I guess it would be your call.
Why wouldn't you measure from the most optimal points. The FAQ tells you to measure from the vehicle and the codex fluff mentions that every aspect of Eldar society is in tune with, well, literally everything. It would seem very eldar like to to use the wave serpent to amplify the power via wraithbone....

I use 2x catapults with a full squad and bladestorm in a wave serpent with stones and a bright lance. I try to doom whatever I will bladestorm.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-09, 10:49 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post
Why wouldn't you measure from the most optimal points. The FAQ tells you to measure from the vehicle and the codex fluff mentions that every aspect of Eldar society is in tune with, well, literally everything. It would seem very eldar like to to use the wave serpent to amplify the power via wraithbone....

Agreed, as I previously said
I use 2x catapults with a full squad and bladestorm in a wave serpent with stones and a bright lance. I try to doom whatever I will bladestorm.
How many do you use, could you post (/a link to) the list? How does it work out for you?

Thought putting that in yellow, as it was more consistent, would make it easier to read, than just doing it like this...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-09, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucus009 View Post
I think that the fins make wave serpents worse in some respects; templates that scatter have a greater chance of still hitting the vehicle, it's easier to shoot and assault, etc. From a purely gameplay point of view i see it as completely fair.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode