Using Devastator Squad In Your Space Marine Army - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-09, 08:41 PM

I've found that using four of the same weapon works best for me, although I guess certain mixes would work well to. I tend to spread them out so blast weapons won't kill as many of them, and put the heavy weapons on the squads corners. That way, if the squad can't see one target, they can probably see a different one, and it doesn't total distract from their ability to concentrate all they're fire-power onto one solid target.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-09, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Captain Roy's Flag is: USA

I want to say thank you for everyone's advice on Devastator
Squads on Warhammer 40k. If anyone has any more question?,
Feel free to post more information. Thank You

My Warhammer 40k Armies

1.Aurora Chapter Space Marines
2.Imperial Guard Cadians&Catachans
3.Daemonhunters&Witch Hunters
4.Emperor's Hawks Chapter (Future Project)
5.Chaos Space Marines (Future Project)
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-09, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

Captain Roy's Flag is: USA

Also not too many players at my local gaming club don't use
devastator squads in their army.

My Warhammer 40k Armies

1.Aurora Chapter Space Marines
2.Imperial Guard Cadians&Catachans
3.Daemonhunters&Witch Hunters
4.Emperor's Hawks Chapter (Future Project)
5.Chaos Space Marines (Future Project)

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-09, 03:15 PM

Evil beaver2's Flag is: USA

I get 2 plasma cannon and 2 heavy bolters. Plasma for armored infantry and heavy bolters for lighter infantry. I also like to put them in a razorback.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-09, 03:19 PM

i play 2 las, 1 plas and HB
and put them in building ruins, they have an effective mix of anti infantry and anti vehicles, they kill vehicles, and thin out any really threatening enemy infantry that gets to near

I liked Blood Angels before they were cool

"infantry, whose only function in Epic is to provide valuable traction to Titans walking across snowy paths."

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-09, 06:15 PM

ive found it most useful for me is to have 2x plasma cannons and 2x missile launchers because i usably face swarm armies and marines and plus its very good at adapting and also i have a multi meltas in my tac squad along with a plasma gun and in the other i have a flamer and a heavy bolter to hold down objectives
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-09, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil beaver2 View Post
I get 2 plasma cannon and 2 heavy bolters. Plasma for armored infantry and heavy bolters for lighter infantry. I also like to put them in a razorback.

That sounds like a fun combo for me to try, although I wouldn't use the Razorback. I figure of they're moving, they aren't shooting, and you can always run them...

I'd give the razorback to the HQ, given that SM HQs tend to be killey in CC, and the Razorback can get them there.

I tend to run 2BH 2Missle launchers for anti-infantry, with some anti-armor punch.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-09, 01:43 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Unless you're playing static Marines, or the rest of the army is in a Razorback, don't put Captains/Combat Characters in them. You leave them High and Dry after disembarking, doing nothing for a turn, and then getting shot up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-09, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord Sanguinius View Post
ive found it most useful for me is to have 2x plasma cannons and 2x missile launchers
That looks like quite an interesting combo. It's a lot scarier against MEQs and TEQs without losing much power against vehicles or hordes.

Personally I don't usually take devastators. I tend to have a few missile launchers scattered around my army to shoot at enemy transports and then use meltas and cc against heavy tanks. The actual chance of taking down a land raider or monolith with a lascannon really isn't high.

The main problem is being static. If I have to move on in dawn of war I'm not going to shoot (admittedly the darkness prevents most other shooting as well) so my opponent is able to freely move his transports around. I consider slowing down transports to be a major part of the job for my big guns, and in this case the devastators auto-fail.

You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.
Black Legion, Sisters WIP, Feudal IG WIP.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-09, 08:45 AM

Phrazer's Flag is: Wales

The last game i had a ran a 10 man squad, combat squadded with 2 LC in one and 2 HB in the other and it worked really well. Before now ive had a 5 man squad with 4 HW in and lost them all in 1 shot to a Guard pie plate!! DONT really want that happening again so ive split them up

Real Men/Women/Aliens/Heretics/Warp Spawned Filth/Big Scary Space Monsters play Battlefleet Gothic... why dont you???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode