Help for Ultramarines v Admech - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-18, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Darkweaver

One thing i’ve been thinking of is instead of taking him on with shootin I can take him on the fight phase. I’ve nearly got this list ready:

HQ
Guilliman - 400
Chronus / Landraider Crusader - Hurricane bolters / assault cannon / multi Melta - 370
Tigurius - 130

Troop
Scout - Bolters - 55
Scout - 55
Scout - 55

Flier
Stormraven - twin lascannon / twin heavy Bolter / 2 x Hurricane Bolters / stormstrike missiles - : - 300

Elite

Ironclad Dreadnaught - Chainfist / combat weapon / melta gun / stormbolter - 145
Assault Terminators / Hammers / Shields- 235
Centurions - Siege Drills / 4 Flamers / 2 Meltas Assault Launchers - 222

Total - 2001

I using this list during the last battle my plan would be to pack the Terminators into a Landraider and ride it up to the Dunecrawler and Robots with Gulliman in support. Hopefully to some damage to the Dunecrawler with the Crusader and RG. Next turn get the Terminators out to charge the Dunecrawler and both the Landraider (to soak up the OW) and RG charge the Robots)

Similar Tactic with the Stormraven. Fly it out with the Dread and the centurions. Right up to the Dunecrawler firing everything it’s got. Next turn get Tigurius, Dread and Centurions. Have Tigurius cast null zone to take out the ++ saves and then Might of Heroes on the Dread. If this works out i’ll use the vehicles(if they survive, need to withstand at least two rounds of shooting) scouts and RG to take out the troops and HQs.

Was also thinking of shaving some points and taking a Techmarine to look after the Landraider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-18, 08:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofoman78 View Post
One thing i’ve been thinking of is instead of taking him on with shootin I can take him on the fight phase. I’ve nearly got this list ready:
It honestly looks like a very jumped and disorganized list to be honest. Not a terrible amount of synergy, more a reliance on splitting your forces up and hoping they can do enough damage.

Quote:
Guilliman - 400
In this list Guilliman is potentially easy pickings. Unless I'm mistaken, he can't be embarked in a transport and there are no troops near him to provide him some cover from incoming fire. (Yeah you have the land raider as some protection, but that forces you to slow it down to keep up with him and potentially soak up even more firepower.

Quote:
Chronus / Landraider Crusader - Hurricane bolters / assault cannon / multi Melta - 370
Keep in mind that as per chapter approved Chronus is 5 points more expensive than listed in the codex.

Quote:
Tigurius - 130
I get that Tiggy here provides you the null zone bubble, but you can do that for fewer points with a normal or primaris librarian.

Quote:
Troop
Scout - Bolters - 55
Scout - 55
Scout - 55
These guys feel more like a command point tax and are more a waste than anything. That means your effectively going into 2k games with an 1850 list.

Quote:
Flier
Stormraven - twin lascannon / twin heavy Bolter / 2 x Hurricane Bolters / stormstrike missiles - : - 300
Beyond an expensive delivery system, again I'm not seeing loads of synergy here.

Quote:
Elite
Ironclad Dreadnaught - Chainfist / combat weapon / melta gun / stormbolter - 145
Low cost and a decent close combat output, I'd actually suggest running him alongside Guilliman.

Quote:
Assault Terminators / Hammers / Shields- 235
I recommend keeping two with lightning claws.

I'd recommend giving the following some thought:

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-18, 12:43 AM
jin

I hardly check this board anymore, but am gonna make it a point to start checking regularly again
after reading Darkreaver's commentary here.
Nice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode