Raven Guard Conclave - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Raven Guard Conclave

Hey Folks

Just thought I'd share a little conclave build I've been having a bit of fun with:

ML2 Librarian with Swiftstrike / Murder
ML1 Librarian with whatever.
ML1 Librarian with whatever.

Stick the above in a Stormraven, and roll everything on biomancy until you (hopefully) come out with Iron Arm and Warp Speed. Any left over points throw on Divination for prescience.

On the occasions it does go to plan (which most definitely is NOT always) the Swiftstrike Libby is looking at the following S7 Ini 7 AP 2 Shredding attacks:

2 Base
1 for charging
1 for CCs
3 for Warpspeed - Brings the total to 7
Flurry generates 1 hit for every successful hit, so with the re-rolls to hit from prescience it's not unlikely to generate 14 attacks (I seem to be averaging 13). Plus whatever the other Libbies deign to contribute.

Not going to suggest this belongs in tournaments, but just thought I'd share.

Alternate take: Forget the Divination rolls, stick the Raven Skull of Korvaad on one of the other Libbies and hope he dies to overwatch. Providing the charge keeps you in the bubble, this gives Hatred and Rage to your Swiftstrike Libby for an extra couple of re-rolling attacks. Obviously not great for the second charge, but there it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 01:03 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Is it just the three Librarians in a Stormraven without squad support of any kind, and is that the only Flier in your list that carries them?

Units are sweet, but context within a list can make or break even the best ideas. Personally I'd rather see any Conclave with a unit that can work as a meatshield/shooting presence (command squad- hey FnP) in a Drop Pod so you don't have to wait for the bird to come in/potentially get shot down before you can switch to Hover mode and disembark.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

First time I ran it was in a Crusader with a ten man HG Squad and a Chaplain involved. Predictably stomped everything it came across, but categorically HEXPENSIVE.

This is the cheaper alternative by virtue of it being stripped down to it's bare essentials, I've only recently acquired the Storm Raven so I'm still playing around with that, but generally whenever I see one with too many points tucked in it it just gets shot to pieces, so I'm running with the cheapest effective payload I can think of.

EDIT: I do have other flyers if that was the question, but it's my only flying transport.

EDIT EDIT: Biker command squad with a shooty set up plus a Libby or three is definitely on my wish list, I'm afraid I can't get over Centurions for long enough to actually buy any, so I've not been down that avenue either.

The other nasty set up I've found for RG librarians is just one tucked in a Dev squad with armour of Shadows as part of a Pinion demi-company (Unfortunately usually have to take a conclave just to get the Libby slot, and even then the conclave doesn't fit into the Talon Strike Force).

Park the Dev squad in some cover next to some scouts and hey presto, Shrouded twin-linked Dev squad with ignores cover. Gllllorious.

Last edited by Rush Darling; 03-24-16 at 06:53 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode