kannons on battlewagons? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-15, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Default kannons on battlewagons?

Well as to the question above is a kannon on a wagon any good. Personally i like running my wagons with two weapons until the recent change i used to run a pair of big shootas and now have swapped to rokkits for the increased effectiveness against heavy targets.

In the past (5th edition) i ran two big shootas and a kannon, but only when i had two wagons in the list, not the 4 or 5 I'm using currently. Didn't have much luck with this load out, the rules certainly were certainly different.

For some reason i just had an epiphany that the option for a kannon insted of the pair of rokkits for the increased effectiveness against just about anyting. Kannons have a much increased range compaired to the shorter range but increased shots and then there is the blast template it can sling, its certainly not the best but could be nice in certain situations? Only real thought is that if you move over 6" it has to be fired or even snap shot at the enemys as the missle form, but once the cargo has been dropped they are more of a threat and particularly to small back feild units such as scouts, grots or other deck chair units.

Any thoughts? Is it worth the upgrade? Have i been missing this all along, with the reductions down to 10 points insted of the 15 in the last book.

Note "kannons" are basically a marine missile launcher without the high ballistic skill of course. So strenght 8 Ap 3 shot or the small blast at strenght 4 AP 5

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!

Last edited by Battman; 10-22-15 at 11:15 AM. Reason: clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-15, 09:38 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

honestly i think that if you are using the wagon to shoot instead as a delivery-bus for your meganobz, you are wasting points. When i face a wagon with a cannon i am happy as hell, since they will scatter hard, have an insufficient range to shoot from turn 1 and still be unable to reliably damage vehicles or Monsters. also, will lose transport capability and maybe lose a turn to shoot instead of going full speed ahead.
My answer is, if you want to shoot so badly with a battlewagon, use two rokkit launchers. But if you just want to shoot, take some more lootas, flash gits or artillery.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-15, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Yeah as i kinda said that the idea is to just snap shot with it until cargo is where it needs to be, then fire away with a few more decent firepower options, this becomes particularly predent after turn two when the cargo is often dropped off.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-15, 10:29 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Kannon or Killkannon? I think Neferhet assume killkannon. The kannon does not lower Transport capacity as the killkannon and are at the same prize as rokkitz but with longer range and the option for a small pie plate. I have modeled my own battlewagon with a kannon but Always tell my opponent if it is a Kannon, Killkannon or if the grots forgot the ammunition for this battle.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-15, 11:30 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

ooh you meant kannon as per kannon rules
sorry i assumed killkannon !!
well, i still vouch fo the rokkits (at least you get 2 shots even if less ranged) or even naked. you can still ram or tankshock after turn 2. time better spent than shooting with a bs2 missile launcher imo

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode