Wraithblades in DE army for newbies - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-15, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
eae

Default Wraithblades in DE army for newbies

Hi all,

I am veery slowly building an army of DE. To make things clear, my last updated armylist was for 6th ed. It had archon + 4 incubi in a Venom, 3 trueborns with dark lances, 5x blaster warriors in a venom, 5x warriors with a blaster in a raider and a ravager. This was a mini-list for 750pts games.

Now I am thinking of extending it to 1000, or, why the hell not, even 1250pts. I also wanted to use some of my spare eldar boxes along with it. From everything that I've read from the recent tactics articles, eldar jetbikes are the new venomspam? And I can unleash wraithblades from a DE portal?

So, here's a number of questions, the 1st one being the most important:
1) Wraithblades - swords or axes + shields? I'm a newbie and thus I'm looking for a "usually working" build that I will or will not tweak once I understand what I'm doing. =)
2) Farseer + windrider jetbikes + waithblades, or spiritseer + wraithblades?

Sorry for the messy question, I'm still looking for a decent way to understand what I'm dealing with.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by eae; 09-07-15 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added an image
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-15, 09:15 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by eae View Post
Hi all,

I am veery slowly building an army of DE. To make things clear, my last updated armylist was for 6th ed. It had archon + 4 incubi in a Venom, 3 trueborns with dark lances, 5x blaster warriors in a venom, 5x warriors with a blaster in a raider and a ravager. This was a mini-list for 750pts games.

Now I am thinking of extending it to 1000, or, why the hell not, even 1250pts. I also wanted to use some of my spare eldar boxes along with it. From everything that I've read from the recent tactics articles, eldar jetbikes are the new venomspam? And I can unleash wraithblades from a DE portal?

So, here's a number of questions, the 1st one being the most important:
1) Wraithblades - swords or axes + shields? I'm a newbie and thus I'm looking for a "usually working" build that I will or will not tweak once I understand what I'm doing. =)
2) Farseer + windrider jetbikes + waithblades, or spiritseer + wraithblades?

Sorry for the messy question, I'm still looking for a decent way to understand what I'm dealing with.

Thanks in advance!

1) What are you most often dealing with? Against armies that has a lot of rending, high strength low ap weapons you should go with axe+Shields. This is also your main load out if you going against TEQ Heavy lists. Swords work best against low strength weapons since you toughness and 3+ save will save you alot. And also against hordlist where the extra attack in CC comes in handy. You don't want 300 Points of wraithblades beeing tarpited by a horde of light infantry for the whole game.

2) I Think the spiritseer gives more to wraithguards since you want those D-weapons to hit. For wraithblades I would take Farseer anyday. The extra psychic Power is more usefull than re-roll 1s to hit most of the time. Think About how you want to use your wraithblades, if you want them to spearhead you assult than have the farseer on a jetbike and have him leave the unit and fall back Before the CC ensues. I myself plan to use my wraithblade once I have them with axe+shield and work as a bodyguard for my farseer on foot. Starting advanced and falling back Before the enemy to soak up wounds and let him cast his Powers. Or stay behind the lines with the farseer and act as a counter measure against backfield deepstriking.

Good Luck!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-15, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
eae

Actually, I've re-read the rules and now I'm confused: can I even do this "wraithguard out of a webway portal" thing? For that to happen, I need to keep my Archon with a webway portal in Reserve, which is okay, but I also need to attach him to the Wraithguards unit before it enters play, can I even do it for the units from two different Detachments from two Battle Brothers codexes?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-15, 03:28 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eae View Post
Actually, I've re-read the rules and now I'm confused: can I even do this "wraithguard out of a webway portal" thing? For that to happen, I need to keep my Archon with a webway portal in Reserve, which is okay, but I also need to attach him to the Wraithguards unit before it enters play, can I even do it for the units from two different Detachments from two Battle Brothers codexes?
The Archon starts the game attached to the Wraithguard unit (which is allowed as Battle Brothers), and the whole unit starts in Reserve.

The other option is a Tantalus from Forgeworld, which is a transport that can hold 16 models, or up to 7 Wraithguard and an Archon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Tags
dark eldar , eldar , wraithblades

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in