Warboss equipment - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 03:38 AM
Tactless Tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakey View Post
Against IG armies you not always need a pk
Tell that to Ogryns. Or tanks. Or hell, Storm Troopers.

If I could tailor each list I made to the opponent I knew I'd be facing, I'd take Big Choppas, sure.

But I don't.

And in a take-all-comers list, you WANT that armor cracking, you WANT that strength 10.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Deschain View Post
Tell that to Ogryns. Or tanks. Or hell, Storm Troopers.

And in a take-all-comers list, you WANT that armor cracking, you WANT that strength 10.

On a charge the warboss with big choppa will still instant kill ogryns, and importantly hit before they do, and only needs a +2 to glance any imperial tank except 1 and that only needs a +3.

Yes it not really suitable for an all comers list, but when you know you going to be facing IG well worth the consideration.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 04:00 PM
Tactless Tactician

Quote:
Yes it not really suitable for an all comers list, but when you know you going to be facing IG well worth the consideration.
I could say the same for MEQ or Daemon Princes or up-armored Carnifexes or Hive Tyrants with Warp Field or Armored Companies and the Klaw.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Deschain View Post
I could say the same for MEQ or Daemon Princes or up-armored Carnifexes or Hive Tyrants with Warp Field or Armored Companies and the Klaw.
Hmm you must have a different codex from me I can not find any of these units in the IG.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 01:23 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Hmm you must have a different codex from me I can not find any of these units in the IG.
You're either seriously not paying attention, or you're being deliberately obtuse in order to provoke a reaction. Either way, please knock it off.

He's not saying the BC isn't good against IG. In fact, he's AGREED that it is. All he's saying is "The BC is a good choice because it's good against IG" is not a good argument because you could make the same argument for the Klaw being good because it's good against the aforementioned types of armies.

If you're custom tailoring an anti-IG list, then fine. But if you want to make any OTHER kind of list, the Klaw is the better choice because it's useful against more types of units.

He's agreed that the BC is good against IG, you've agreed that the Klaw is good in a take all comers list. You both agree, so drop it.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode