To pysker or not to pysker, that is the question... - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-14, 11:46 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

According to the 7E FAQ, you get +2 to Deny the Witch rolls.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 03:48 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Still tough, when you're only getting D6 dispel dice in a pure Tau force.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 10:41 AM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

yeah that amulet on of farsight's goons runs around with got crazy good.

AUTO INCLUDE, RIGHT THERE

which begs the question, can tau still ally farsight?

as a rule you cant ally supplements, or your self.
But not sure about these guys.. i hear both ways...

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 01:51 PM

Librarians have pretty much always been a part of my force along with Chaplains and I still intend to use them regularly...however, I won't spend a lot of points on dropping many of them on the table. Really can't see myself running with more than two. More than that feels like cheese to me (for my regular Marines and Blood Angels), rather it is tactically sound or not. Then again I never gave into the magic mania in Warhammer Fantasy and did just fine. To your question I would still include them because Librarians are going to be useful and for fun, not for pumping your lists full of the latest thing GW is pushing. Psykers have some powerful spells but all those points invested in them could be put in other areas to offset missing out on the psychic phase without a loss of competitiveness, so they aren't mandatory in my opinion.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 02:50 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
According to the 7E FAQ, you get +2 to Deny the Witch rolls.
That's really nice.

It doesn't help you stop Blessings, which is usually what I throw all my Warp Charge dice at to make them go away, but not many things do so having just a 4+ to Deny in such a huge bubble is great relative to all psychic defenses.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 06:20 PM
So be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
My next army is Tau. I almost feel weird, not having anything to fight psykers with.
To be fair, that's a bit like facing a tau shooting phase.

And I'd go with a single lv1 - lets you cast spells, but not crazy expensive.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 06:57 PM

If it worked on blessings it would have been fun as Hounds of Khorne have +2 to their deny the witch rolls.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 10:07 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by otasolgryn View Post
yeah that amulet on of farsight's goons runs around with got crazy good.

AUTO INCLUDE, RIGHT THERE

which begs the question, can tau still ally farsight?

as a rule you cant ally supplements, or your self.
But not sure about these guys.. i hear both ways...
I'm not sure if I'd call it auto-include. It's good, certainly, but it's not AMAZING. Especially on a Riptide, because half of it's power is now redundant with it's existing Riptide Shield Generator.

And when you consider that Tau will only ever get d6 Deny dice... it's more like a bandaid instead of surgery. As Midnight mentioned, it won't help you against Blessings, and Blessings are often better than any other negative attack with psychic powers. At most you may have enough dice to stop ONE power from really smacking you around, two if you have a lot of dice, but then so does your opponent. I haven't decided if I'm going to add it to my list yet, because I'm running 2 commanders; one from Farsight and one from Tau Empires, and I like symmetry; having one with a unique piece breaks that. I can give it to my Riptide, who acts as a central firing line, and let the bubble surround him (most likely to my other Riptides), but then the Invul gets wasted.

Honestly, my concern is that Tau just suffer too much in the Psychic phase now. Losing access to Taudar as an army now, they don't really have a reliable way to bring in psychic support. They're like the Dwarves of fantasy, except without rune priests who were specifically BETTER at anti-magic. Yes, they can still shoot the crap out of everything, but it seems like everyone else 'got' something out of 7e, but Tau lost out from not having that aspect.

And yes, I know Necrons were the same case, but I wonder if their Crypteks will get boosted next codex. And can't DE take Harlequin Shadowseers?

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

kiro the avenger!'s Flag is: England

*cough*blood angels*cough* hardly gained
Losing jump pack dreadnoughts and forcing Memphie to foot slog... SUCKS
Honestly I think it's good good tau now have a disadvantage...
I mean yeah they suck at close combat, but then when your chucking out a str 8 AP 2 large template a turn on a VERY versatile chasis for <200pts, it's never gonna come to that is it... And if it does... 48+ pulse rounds smacking them on the way in makes them think twice...
I may be very biased... In that I only atcually
Ay GK/orks/tau... Plus a bit of Tzeench, but I think blood angels got hit the hardest...
Losing our physic powers hurts the worst out of all the codex's IMO, it's made a couple of units not worth it, dreadnoughts all suffer the same problem yes, but we have other dreads that do that thing better... Libby dreads had speed to their name, no more

EDIT: getting off topic my bad
But what physic discipline is the best? I've seen biomancy tossed around a bit recently... Is this the best? Prescience was the bomb... But now it's half as good...

Through temptation and horror
I have held to my faith
As a drowning man grasps at a rock
Judge me not by my weakness
Remember not my sins of late
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-14, 01:56 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiro the avenger! View Post
I think blood angels got hit the hardest...
At least the second (not highlighted) edit of our FAQ gave us back Fast vehicles across the Rhino chassis.

Personally I think that I'm banking on using a Librarian and an Inquisitor if I get into the Psychic Phase off the hop. Prescience for the Inquisitor's squad and pretty much just the Force weapon for the Libby...but that's just the way I have been writing lists just yet. Haven't gotten any games of 7th in to date.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode