Burning Chariot of Tzeentch-Useable? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 06:00 PM

Ork Mad's Flag is: England

thats great then though where can i find these faqs?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 06:06 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Well, the FAQs just released have made it clear that "Rider" and "Transport Capacity" are very different things, changing all Daemon chariots to counting as "Rider" rather than "Transport Capacity: 1," so I think we're safe on that front.
I noticed, but for someone who does not yet have a rulebook, what difference does this make? Does it mean I can move it 12 and still shoot normally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 06:07 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

@ Ork Mad: Well, I could direct you toward the thread I made in News and Rumors which goes into some of the biggest changes in detail and has some good discussion of what it means, but here's the link...

http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 06:11 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH View Post
I noticed, but for someone who does not yet have a rulebook, what difference does this make? Does it mean I can move it 12 and still shoot normally?
Well, Ork Mad was reading from the transport rules when he pointed out that if the vehicle has moved, you count as having moved when shooting. Chariot riders, on the other hand, get Relentless... so count as not having moved. I don't think it's a super important disambiguation, but it does make the Burning Chariot useful, certainly!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 09:13 PM

@Mossy Toes thanks for that, those will help quite a bit and yeah as they're no longer transports, they'll no longer be forced to fire snapshots if they move over 6" and so fire as normal regardless of how they moved in the movement phase

Last edited by Ork Mad; 05-27-14 at 09:26 PM.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-14, 02:11 PM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

the chariot does indeed work now.

finally

but is it worth it?

its VERY fragile, although allocating hits helps a little
the rider can take a S4-7 hit or 2.

so if any1 have actually used it, please share what you find, good as bad
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-14, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otasolgryn View Post
the chariot does indeed work now.

finally

but is it worth it?

its VERY fragile, although allocating hits helps a little
the rider can take a S4-7 hit or 2.

so if any1 have actually used it, please share what you find, good as bad
yeah it still quite flimsy however it does pack a nice punch for only 100 points, the trick is to mask how threatening it is (and field several of them), maybe by rushing forward a flying monstrosity or fielding a soul grinder as these will almost always attract fire that would be better directed against the chariot

did this in the last game i played (using fateweaver and a soul grinder plus some screamers), fate flew right up the nose of my opponent and absorbed fire from his whole tau gun line (would have survived to but i fluffed my rolls and he crashed down and died but he did some nice damage). next turn the burning chariot did quite a large bit of damage to his gun line killing quite a few fire warriors and an ethereal (thank you warpflame) and still the screamers and soul grinder drew all fire allowing it to wreck havoc on his lines

Quote:
in summary yes the chariot can be effective but it needs a good distraction to work (these need to be able to pack a punch aswell) alternatively it can be a good distraction itself if your opponent knows the dangers of it

if playing against a chariot (like in example above) don't be distracted from it but be careful not to send too much to kill it, there are most likely other large threats in the army that need to be dealt with too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode