Using dark eldar effectively - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-14, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skari View Post
Against termies... volume of firepower. You have 4 venoms... they are gross. And you also have 9 str 8 ap2 weapons. They also make short work of termies.
That is cruel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-14, 02:12 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

as any Dark Eldar should be.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-14, 03:33 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Love it, would like to see this list batrep'd versus DW or vanilla marines.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-14, 07:11 PM

Skari's Flag is: Canada

Like as a video batrep? That can be arranged.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 01:03 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Default Using dark eldar effectively

Skari, out of curiosity, how would you play against a space marine player with multiple thunderfire cannons and 3-4 scouting land speeder storms with assault cannons/multi meltas going 2nd? I've been crushed in the first turn by his list on quite a few occasions now. Going 2nd shouldn't be an auto loss. Any ideas?
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-14, 04:27 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

I've got to chime in and say thanks to Skari. It is awesome to see another player who loves the DE and understands the art of wound saturation. I love to see the anguish on a Grey Knight or Deathwing player's face. They are always so confident in their low model count armies. They never expect to be whittled away by AP 5 weapons.

As for Ravner298 ... Yeeouch!!!!
I don't know many armies that could take that kind of abuse, least of all DE. Night Shields and proper positioning is about the only hope you could have. That and turn 1 Night Fight(I always roll on the Stratagy Warlord table, hoping for a 2 with DE). Maybe their next codex will have a Night Fight trait.

Anyway, if you are going second you should be able to set up conservatively. Normally a dangerous gambit for DE. With the speed of the LS Storm it is tough but be as far away as you can and spread out. Try not to let the speeders shoot the same target(our vehicles can sometimes survive shots from 1 unit but rarely 2). Obviously a Hammer and Anvil deployment works best here. With Night Shields, you can set up 43" away and be safe from the speeders. Your opponent will scout, then move turn 1 and be just out of his reduced range but be perfect for reprisals. You might leave bait to tempt them forward.

Unfortunately, this only works if you know you are going second and only ideally on Hammer and Anvil. If you set up first and the initiative is stolen is usually how most DE defeats are born. When going first we have to set up aggressively. And that puts us right in the fire lines. Hope I was helpful and not too out of it from my hiatus from here.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-14, 02:42 AM

Skari's Flag is: Canada

@Ravner298 - How many points are you playing? What are the load outs of the speeder storms? The TFC have to go! But, as a barrage weapon... look to things with a roof. They will detonate on the top floor... so in this game, your game will begin during terrain set up. Make sure you can block LOS to some of your units and be deployed under something with a roof. Or a skyshield landing platform as its cheap, and venoms fit under it fine. those TFC are the enemy. Try and get them in your venoms range and LOS and blast em. Use blasters and haywire wytches to threaten anything that gets too close like storms.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-11-14, 05:12 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Hammer and anvil would of helped, yeah. Even if I would have to deploy 1850 pts sideways on a short table edge.

Believe me skari the tfc's are numero uno on my priority list. They usually aren't that much of a problem either. The problem I have personally is just going 2nd with DE. More spcifically going 2nd without night fight. Reserving units severely impacts our damage output and need to cripple return fire quickly. There is also more and more long range cover ignoring or no Los weapons that can truck our boats. At 1850, my list has 9 boats, so finding cover or roofed buildings for most of them is nearly impossible on a standard board.

As a DE player with a lower amount of experience with the army as a whole, I feel any input on this matter from veterans is highly valued to someone starting out as it's one of the biggest obstacles to overcome!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode