Where to go now? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-06, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Default Where to go now?

HQ :

Farseer w/ spirit stones, fortune, and doom

Elites:

7 striking scorpions w/ exarch (scorpion's claw, shadowstike)

7 fire dragons w/ exarch (firepike), mounted in a wave serpent w/ twinlinked brightlances, star engines, spirit stones

6 howling banshees w/ exarch (executioner)

Troops:

3 squads 10 Dire Avengers w/ exarchs (2x catapults and bladestorm)

1 squad 6 rangers upgraded to pathfinders

1 sqaud 6 jetbikes w/ 2 shuriken cannons

Fast Attack:

1 squad 5 warp spiders w/ exarch (hit and run)

Heavy support:

2 fire prism tanks w/ holo-fields, spirit stones

1 wraithlord w/ twin-linked missle launchers

thats my army right now at about 2200 points. ive only played with it sparingly so far and Im still getting used to it, but what should be added/ changed?

Im thinking about adding more Dire Avengers and taking out the jetbikes, getting a full squad opf ten pathfinders, and adding swooping hawks.

Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-06, 05:16 PM

I would run the wraithlord with brightlance-EML so that you can fire 2 shots a turn, its slight more expensive, but as he has the increased BS, i think its one place the brightlance is worth being.

You seem to have plenty of anti-hoard in the direavengers, so i dont really thin you need anymore at the moment, but more anti-tank and monsterous creature killing wouldn't go amiss. Like you have said more pathfinders would be good, taking a second squad would be preferable, as you can split fire if you want to OR combine the fire of both squads if something needs to die.

At the moment you've filled most slots[although obviously you dont need to use everything in every game] Fast attack you could add a unit of swooping hawks for tank hunting or shooting hoards and objective grabbing. Shining spears could be worth a look. Using them to help out your other cc elements, finish off understrength units and deliver hammerblows where nessacary.
Maybe add another waveserpent to carry the banshees[depending how you use your banshees] if so take scatterlaser/shuriken cannon and swap it with the firedragons serpent, so that you can have a tank killer tank with your cc unit and a troop killer with your tank hunters.

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-06, 06:19 PM

good advice jig, i'd also say take the stuff you like the models for. It seems like everything works now so you can afford to do it and adapt your style to suit

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-06, 06:36 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

why give the spiders hit and run? if they get in combat theyre probably going to die so it seems a bit of a waste to me. id make the banshees up to 10 men but other than that id say it was pretty good.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-06, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

yeah that's good advice. i had been thinking about most of those things and it seems like my ideas should go well
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-07, 11:20 AM

Quote:
why give the spiders hit and run? if they get in combat theyre probably going to die so it seems a bit of a waste to me.
youve answered your own question there. If spider get charge by something like a sentinal they can hurt it and will be held up for the whole game. they have a 3+ save so can hold up ok against any non-dedicated assault units. Aslo vs a very shooty army "tau" you can shoot, and then assault as they are in a lot less trouble in CC then if they fail to get behind cover and get shot at. Then at the end of the tau assault phase they jump out and do the same again.

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-07, 06:16 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

The reason to give them Hit and Run isn't because you WANT them in close combat. Quite the opposite, really. If they manage to get charged, which may happen from time to time, they can jump out and continue shooting.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode