Who Can Kill the Nightbringer? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 04:10 AM

No kidding eh? He's basically saying "I don't need to be fast because after your puny mortal weapons fail to even ruffle my badass death cloak, I will pick you up with my mind and sodomize you with with my giant wheat trimmer from hell like a giant armored cherry on a toothpick. At my own leisure."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 05:00 AM

Default Why kill him?

Why worry about killing him? In a Lash list you can push him around possibly more than his actual movement each turn (6").
And two lashes own him hands down. He'll be lucky to not be stuck in the far corner of the board at the end of the game.

So I'd have to say *yawn* to the nightbringer, lol.

Last edited by Changer of Ways; 07-27-08 at 06:51 AM.
post #53 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 05:31 AM

the nightbringer has some pretty evil abilities if you ask me, the ability to charge in over and over giving him 6 attacks can wipe out most CC even if they attack first with their initive, since in the begining of the enemy assult phase after moves have been made but before any blows are struck the nightbringer may harness its power to summon etheric winds which hurl its opponents away from it any enemy unit with a model within 6 inches (not vehicles) which has a str lower then 4 unmodded must move 2d6 inches directly away from the nightbringer. its not THAT useful (since its str 4. I think it should be STR 5 cuz of all the damn SM's around) but this does not work to break close combat with any troops (too bad)

all in all, if you wana take ou the nightbringer, use multi attacking high STR attacks. else the wounds attacks and his attacks will destroy you.

post #54 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 07:30 AM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

correct me if im wrong, but isn't the nightbringer immune to instant death, and if so, force weapons no longer work on him, because 5th ed force weapons inflict instant death rather than removing all wounds.
post #55 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 10:07 AM

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

nightbringer is not immune to instant death(I KNOW HE'S GOD, WHATS UP WITH THAT!)
the skulltaker has I 5 4 attacks and ws 7, he also has furious charge so... he hits on 3's then all needs is too roll a 4 and the night bringer to fail his save and he's dead, because all rending attacks from the skulltaker inflicts instant death, oh yea skulltaker rends on 4+ not 6+

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!
post #56 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 10:35 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudeskillz View Post
nightbringer is not immune to instant death(I KNOW HE'S GOD, WHATS UP WITH THAT!)
the skulltaker has I 5 4 attacks and ws 7, he also has furious charge so... he hits on 3's then all needs is too roll a 4 and the night bringer to fail his save and he's dead, because all rending attacks from the skulltaker inflicts instant death, oh yea skulltaker rends on 4+ not 6+
Remember that you don't actually 'kill' the Nightbringer: he is a god. You shatter the Necrodermis that contains some of the Nightbringer's essence with the instant kill, but the essence lives on and returns to the Tomb World to inhabit another form.
post #57 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 11:52 AM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

But you still smash the body throw a pair of scremer-killers at him that will make him think twice (or not).
post #58 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 01:06 PM

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
Remember that you don't actually 'kill' the Nightbringer: he is a god. You shatter the Necrodermis that contains some of the Nightbringer's essence with the instant kill, but the essence lives on and returns to the Tomb World to inhabit another form.
i know but in TT he still should be, if i collected necrons i would be well pissed off if someone killed my night bringer with a crappy force weapon

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!
post #59 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 05:32 PM

tyco's Flag is: United Kingdom

One other thing to bear in mind if u wanna swamp him with s5 marines....he has a template attack in cc that is s 4 and ignores saves...everyone under an ordanmance template centred on the god (that would prob be all of them), so you will lose HALF your marines in the 1st round of cc...oh, and yes skulltaker basically eats the c'tan for breakfast...it is REALLY annoying.....
post #60 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-08, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

styrofaom04's Flag is: Canada

Yay! Thanks everyone it looks like my buddy's nightbringer will face a Skulltaker. All I have to do is buy one. (it's too bad that he found this thread tho. Now he knows! but it wont save him )

"The strong are strongest alone." Lufgt Huron, Tyrant of Badab.

The Blood Reaver. Master of the Red Corsairs. Lord of the Maelstrom. Huron Blackheart.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode