Who Can Kill the Nightbringer? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-18-08, 07:58 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

If you want to take out the Nightbringer with a Chaos Marine army, just load up on Havocs with lascannons and blow him to pieces as he gets close. Be sure to pack a power fist as well to ensure that you can hurt him in combat, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-18-08, 08:15 PM

i dont know much about CSM, but abbadon sounds good. and the s4 bolter cannot hurt the t8 nightbringer.
if you do tau (i know you said you wanted chaos, but still), you can get a Twin-Linked Railgun for 70pts (Broadsides), and you can use hammerheads as they might be a little more resilient and they both wound on a 2+ against the nightbringer (haha, take that t8!). But tau have got a lot of high- strength guns, mainly railguns, so personally i would use tau every time. oh, and they're ap1 is well in case your opponent gets some notion about armour svs (do C'tan get armour saves - i don't know?)
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-18-08, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenburned View Post
That bolter wouldn't be able to wound him I don't think, not if he's t8?
Oh right, damn. For some reason I thought he was T6. Now my entire anti-Nightbringer plan is ruined. D:<

I'm pretty sure Abaddon isn't up to taking down the Nightbringer. He'll put a dent in him, but Abaddon is only T5 and he won't be getting his invulnerable save... And he's a CC unit.

Tactics 101 - when your opponent has spent 300-odd points on a living god incarnate that ignores all saves in CC, don't attack it in CC. I'll have to second shooting-it-with-lascannons-till-it-splodes.

post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-18-08, 10:56 PM

DarKKKKK's Flag is: USA

Havocs with lascannons until he dies
to have a little fun add some rhinos to have him chase you as you still fire at him with lascannons

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-18-08, 11:36 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

People forget that the NB has a Lascannon type attack that is Assault. You can't really stay out of its field of influence...
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-19-08, 04:03 AM

zenfarr's Flag is: USA

i know you said only CSM, but whatever, get GK termies with ine having a psycannon. Nightbringer is FUCKED!!!
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-19-08, 06:28 AM

Deceiver's Flag is: USA

My fellow Stargod Nightbringer can now run. He ignores terrain and will be on top of you quicker.
Abaddon is obviously the one to do cc with the Nightbringer. Even Kharn or Ahriman with gift of chaos.
Havocs,Predator and Land Raider with lascannons and obliterators. Terminators with power fists and other good size sqds with a pwr fist in them.
They have plenty to take down the Nightbringer. While you spend an entire turn shooting everything at the Nightbringer,how do you cope with the rest of the necron army?

Anyone can rummage thru any codex and name off all the things to eliminate the subject in verses....? It's all a matter of tactics. We need to expand more in this type of thread.
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-19-08, 06:38 AM

Pirate Metal Troy's Flag is: Canada

Termies are a BAD plan. Nightbringer ignores invul saves too.

Thousand Sons: 5W - 2L - 0T
Emperor's Children: 7W - 1L - 1T
Necrons: 1W - 2L - 1T
Salamanders: 3W - 1L - 1T
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-19-08, 06:40 AM

Tigirus's Flag is: Canada

a force weapon would be your best bet, but I don't think chaos has them, in that case get some some rock hard units probably terminators with the mark of khorne and tzeench to up their inv give 'em all powerfists or thunderhammers if you can but like before I don't think chaos has them
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-19-08, 08:02 AM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

In doubt CSM has snipers, but they are very good. Hit on 2+, so unlikely to miss, and the crucial wound on a 4+

However, there is one weapon that would kill it instantly...

A HAMMER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode