CSM vs. Tau Gunline: What would you bring? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 10:33 PM
Rattlehead

Yeah - luckily, Noise Marines are some of the easier conversions. A lot of people greenstuff Heavy Bolters into Blastmasters if you extend the barrel. Remember that the Noise Marines in the list given are essentially basic CSM with a weird Heavy Weapon as they all have pretty-much-identical stats and wargear, so you could get a pack of Heresy era Missile Launchers or something and claim it's Archeotech, not specifically Blastmasters.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 08:21 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Icon of Excess might be a little on the pricey side. I'm not sure what the Lord's doing - he really needs to have a nasty little CC unit to be Outflanking with, or a couple of Spawn to hang out with.

I think 4 Heldrakes is a little excessive. Three tends to be more than adequate. As such, I'd drop one of the Heldrakes for a bunch of, say, 4 Spawn, to Outflank with the Lord to provide an annoying little unit that appears behind the Aegis Line.

Love the Infiltrating Noise Marines/Havocs though.

Midnight
If we drop an heldrake we could just take 5 havocs with 4 plasmaguns and a combiplasma (145) to outflank with the lord.
the remaining points, if we drop the icon of excess (55) can be used to give the big noise unit a rhino and the remaining 20 points can give the lord power claw and meltabombs.

About scratch built noise: it's really easy. Even with the chaos rhino sprue (the gargoyle heads and the dirge caster) you can convert 3-4 good looking blastmasters

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Good points on the conversions. The gargoyle heads would work out perfectly. I have like, 5 vehicle accessory sprues, so that would be more than enough. Nice. Just need to buy another squad or two of marines.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 04:10 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Or, if you want to make yourself a present

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...KAKOPHONI.html

Those are some serious mathafaking blastmasters!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 07:00 PM

Do you know what the battle field looks like? What always takes a junk out of my army is zerkers and apcs. But it sounds like my army is different from your opponents mine mainly focuses on mobile infantry with riptide and broadside support.

Last edited by locustgate; 11-08-13 at 07:02 PM.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 07:50 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Awesome responses, guys. Ty.

Now, too bad I don't have any noise marines and only 1 heldrake... The "to buy" list grows!

Hmm, I'm not finding any sort of Noise Marine boxed set from GW... 15 bucks for a pair of sonic weapons, eh? I guess home-made/converted is gonna happen.
The upgrade pack is 1 sonic blaster, 1 blastmaster and a bunch of heads and other things.

The Sonic Weapons pack is 5 sonic blasters and 1 blastmaster (there's a little x5 on the pic ;) )
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Haha, yeah I saw that last night when I went to my local store and asked the manager why the hell they charged 15 bucks for 2 guns!

Those FW weapons are nuuuuts!

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-09-13, 02:44 AM

CE5511's Flag is: USA

GW has 2 upgrade packages for noise marines. On has a single gun of each type and some peices for the body, armor, head.
The other has 5 sonic blasters and a blastmaster. Look next to the sonic blasters and there should be a "x5"
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-03-13, 08:52 PM

Bearer.of.the.Word's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grokfog View Post
I've yet to play CSM in 6th, but what would you guys say to triple maulerfiends? Pricey I know, but should put the absolute fear of empty gods into the tau player. With some lucky It Will Not Die rolls, they may even make it to combat! :-D
As a Chaos player who goes against Tau far to often believe me when I say- Maulerfiends (as well as any other ground tanks) will die turn 1 against Hammerhead/Pathfinder combos, not to mention if those Riptides have the Las-Cannon blast things (sorry cant remember their name).
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-19-13, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Are Sonic Blasters worth taking?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode