vs. terminators - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-13, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

JelloSea's Flag is: USA

Default vs. terminators

I'm playing ig w/ gk allies though most of my force will be gk. I just wanted 2 ig hq choices. Anyway, im having trouble fighting other terminators. I dont really want to run vets, flyers, russ' or henchmen. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-13, 05:42 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Specifically what is troubling about them? Devildogs are par none the best Killers a normal Guard army has outside of Plasma suicide vets and Executioners.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-13, 07:50 PM

CE5511's Flag is: USA

What does your army currently look like?
Right off the top of my head Demo charges are great! Large pie plate that will insta kill and bypass their armor. Marbo and Special Weapons Squads (If your desperate I suppose).
Otherwise I would load up on plasma guns for your CCS squad. To me, artillery kind of falls into the russ category, being fairly static anyways, but I swear by the Medusa!

Thats my advice on the IG portion. Although, I tend to run a platoon backed by vets, medusas, and vandettas

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-13, 08:00 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

An alternative to the AP 1/2 weapons is weapons with a high rate of fire. The Grey Knights have access to these and IG can use First Rank/Second Rank to fire extra shots. You won't go through armor but forcing so many rolls can result in lots of 1s.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-13, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

I'm still pretty new but I have decided to try to start at 2000 points. My army as it stands consists of a lot of terminator/paladins, blob ig and infantry platoon squads in chimeras for objectives. I have a few PAGK that I use for various rolls.

I don't really think flyers are that cool. I will get russ' later but I don't intend to now, since I want it to be more of a GK list at the moment. I don't like the idea of inq henchmen... dunno why, perhaps I feel that they are a rip off of guard, whom I think should be taken in the hundreds!!! lol

I want to concentrate around AV12 so the devil dog idea is very pleasing to me. Also I really like the idea of special weapon squads throwing demo charges.

My meta has 4 people(including myself) and only 1 of us powerbuilds. That player happens to be the Marine player that I'm worried about this terminators. I know he always takes some THSS in a LR.

I have lerked here for about 2 years so I know very well what I could do to combat his list by building my own. Heck I could take 6 demolisher Russ' But I want to try to beat him with a fun list, not a power build. If I take 2 50 point special weapon squads and blow up his terminators with demo charges, the look on his face will make me love life.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-13, 01:39 AM

CE5511's Flag is: USA

demo charge special squads are fairly random but tons of fun. I play them out of the back of a vandetta for laughs. Scary thing is they are fairly effective.

I think Vaz's idea about the devil dog and Dan's idea about the blob are your best bets against Termies with shields.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-13, 08:47 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Providing you can keep them at arm's length TH/SS termies are pretty vulnerable to lots of shots from Gk's

A squad of purifiers/paladins with 4 psycannon are putting out 12 S5 and 16 S7 shots that, if you can take out their ride, they will have to endure for 2 to 3 turns.

Plasma on the guard squads should take them down too.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-13, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

The problem is, now units can charge 12 inches so I must keep my distance near perfectly. They can take 3/5ths of my movent away. Basically they can dictate what objectives I can or can't have.

I just dont like how a 400 pt squad of terminators can PWN my 750 point squad of paladins 90% of the time.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-13, 12:42 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Units can also charge 2 inches.

I know the old adage "if you expect it only to work 1/6 times for yourself (or in this case 1/12), expect it to never happen all the time. For your opponent, expect it to happen all the time", but mostly, you can sit at 16" and have a good chance of not being caught in the charge.

How are your Paladins equipped?

1) 750pts in one unit is asking to get raped. Against any army with easy access to S8 AP2 they're going to get boned anyway.
2) Keep them away from enemy terminators.
3) Split them up.
4) Take more Swords to take wounds and more hammers to bypass saves.
5) Keep them away from Terminators.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-13, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

I have the models to equip them any way I want but now its 2 hammers 6 halberds, banner, stave 4 psycannons and apothecary. Im well aware I can lose all the points very fast but in my 3 games they have lived. Haven't played sm yet but since they are so versatile I can force combat to avoid shooting or back peddle to avoid cc. I know I can't beat some opponents at what they are good at so I attack at the other. Problem is in the end game I can't move his squad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode