Terminating Troublesome Traitors - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-13, 08:17 PM

In terms of the cultists, my favoured way is use a hellhound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-13, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
The Tzeentch Prince does use Biomancy, but with only 1 roll (is it 1?) due to being forced to take a shitty Tzeentch power, it's not too troublesome. Iron Arm's the only scary one.
Unless he takes a scroll of magnus which he normally does for one of his psykers (but it's the sorcerer I think, and I believe it is only one per army)

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-13, 10:48 PM

Shadowz-Demon's Flag is: Scotland

Honestly seems like the best thing to do is to surrender to the unstoppable powers of chaos, but that's just my opinion

"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."
Grimgor Ironhide

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-11-13, 10:55 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Flak is proving very difficult. I only have the 1 Devastator unit, and as anyone who's played a Heldrake before can tell you, 5 Marines isn't even a minor threat to one no matter what weapons they have. Flak missiles are also pretty awful. One third miss, two thirds of that bounce off armour, a third of that is Jinked, and the remainder will often get eaten by Daemonic Possession. Very, very difficult to shut down.

Well clearly you haven't tried my Flakk Missile Supreme:

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 12:57 AM
Iniquity's Flag is: USA

Just a note on Daemon Princes. They do not have any of the corresponding marks of chaos, so the best he can get is 5++ and only wastes points adding AoDG since it is 5++ as well.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Well clearly you haven't tried my Flakk Missile Supreme:

I would give you rep, but I'm not allowed. That list is so good and so bad at the same time, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
Unless he takes a scroll of magnus which he normally does for one of his psykers (but it's the sorcerer I think, and I believe it is only one per army)
Tends not to be an issue due to the even more random nature of the Scrolls than the roll at the beginning of the game. Adding Scrolls to a Daemon Prince with Daemon of Tzeentch, Wings and Power Armour is also heading up into 300pt territory.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-13, 10:05 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I would give you rep, but I'm not allowed. That list is so good and so bad at the same time, I love it.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 02:42 AM

lockeF's Flag is: USA

I play against Chaos regularly too., I just tried this the other night (though my opponent ended up not taking fliers), but I used two librarians with divination powers and a force field generator (the thing that gives things within 3 inches a 4++) and two flakk missile devastator squads inside an aegis defense line. A librarian manned a quadgun. One librarian was level 2 and took the primaris power and got the power that let them ignore cover while the other unit just took the primaris. Almost all my missiles were hitting, again no fliers in this list so I was rocking krak missiles, but it was deadly. And that 4++ was there to protect against the baleflamer a bit.

That was at 1500 points, so you may be able to use that set up. Just a thought.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockeF View Post
I play against Chaos regularly too., I just tried this the other night (though my opponent ended up not taking fliers), but I used two librarians with divination powers and a force field generator (the thing that gives things within 3 inches a 4++) and two flakk missile devastator squads inside an aegis defense line. A librarian manned a quadgun. One librarian was level 2 and took the primaris power and got the power that let them ignore cover while the other unit just took the primaris. Almost all my missiles were hitting, again no fliers in this list so I was rocking krak missiles, but it was deadly. And that 4++ was there to protect against the baleflamer a bit.

That was at 1500 points, so you may be able to use that set up. Just a thought.
That's exactly what I've planned for the future, but I need an Aegis Line and some more Devastators before I can actually run it. Perfect Timing + Prescience + Flak Missiles = quick kills.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 08:18 PM

lockeF's Flag is: USA

Quote:
That's exactly what I've planned for the future, but I need an Aegis Line and some more Devastators before I can actually run it. Perfect Timing + Prescience + Flak Missiles = quick kills.

Midnight

Well I think it was well worth it. It made for a really nasty fire-base. Not to mention, you could use the frag option to take out those damn cultists. It is just necessary to have a counter-charge unit close by to the line or risk getting taken out by some dedicated CC.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode