6th edition Necrons - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Icon 6th edition Necrons

Reading all the rumors around 6th edition changes and playing Necrons I try to see what is good and what is bad for my precious Necrons.

I'd like from all of you to write what you think. Where do you see we gained something, gained less than others and lost advantage, maybe even new combos or similar.
I know is hard to tell before release of rule book but from rumors for now and later from book we could discuss this.

For example:
Rapid fire - move and shoot - good for gauss but phaeron lost some
Psychic powers - we got none (except if we are immune, than OK i guess)

I think this is a good place for this kind of topic, else state where should I put it.

Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 12:51 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Hmm.
-Preffered Enemy affecting shooting would be nice for Destroyers.
-Random charge lengths could keep us from being assaulted, but could keep our precious few assault units stranded to be shot(only really bad for Scarabs or Praetorians).
-Rapid fire will be nice.
-We avoid the Psyker shake-up that could see some armies weakened but any army that becomes stronger may force us to get multiple Gloom Prisms.
-From the rumor on Hull Points, it sounds like our vehicles are still some of the toughest around. But hull points could also weaken Scarabs and Gauss.
-Lastly, charge reaction sounds okay. It may be BS1, but Tesla Immortals will kick some butt.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-21-12, 07:57 PM
Rattlehead

If the rumour of Gauss weapons flaying Structure Points on a successful damage result (any roll of six to pen), then they'll be the most anti-vehicle force you can imagine.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Hmmm ... Deathmarks with rapid fire will make some sense now
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 03:34 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Gloom Prisms will now see a lot of use I imagine.

Dispersion Shields make a lot more sense if units are able to Overwatch before the charge (reflecting that Melta shot back at them as you charge).

Rumor has it that Relentless (Phaeron) will grant an extra attack within 12 inches (so 3 shots)

Units inside Flying Transports (Stormravens, etc) take a Str 10 hit with no saves allowed if it wrecks. This makes the Nightscythe's rule alot more useful and not much of a hinderance.

If our "lowly" Ghost Ark has 4 Hull points (same as a Land Raider)...then how many will the Monolith have?!

Not noted anywhere but I have a sinking feeling that Warscythes will be an AP1 weapon, or at least AP2.

Deathmarks can pick their target on a to-hit of a 6. Plus they can strike from 24 inches after the DS. Still might be useful to DS within 6 inches if with a Despair Cryptek.

@Archon Dan: I hear that Beasts get 3D6 charge, so Scarabs might have some luck. I'm willing to bet that Praetorians get some buff as well.

Last edited by The Sturk; 06-22-12 at 03:44 PM.
post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 07:56 PM

With no invul saves, Praetorians are screwed if the Plasma Rifle or Meltagun gets lucky in the charge reaction. But as a counter-charge unit with an AP 2 weapon. Could be nasty, again with luck. The leaked rules are just sparking more speculation at the moment. We will have to play to know for sure how things work.

post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 08:27 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
With no invul saves, Praetorians are screwed if the Plasma Rifle or Meltagun gets lucky in the charge reaction. But as a counter-charge unit with an AP 2 weapon. Could be nasty, again with luck. The leaked rules are just sparking more speculation at the moment. We will have to play to know for sure how things work.
The question then comes to this: Does Overwatch count as a separate phase? If so (unlikely), then that dead Praetorian could stand up again for the assault. But as you said, this is just creating speculation currently. We'll find out in a week.

Gonna throw a question out there. What armies do you think Necrons will be allowed to Ally with? In my eyes, I can see all armies being acceptable except Eldar, Dark Eldar, Chaos (either one) and Tyranids (and maaaaybe Orks).
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 08:36 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Warscythes do not allow armour saves, but are not power weapons. They have their own codex based rules.

All that is important is known.
Praxis
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
The question then comes to this: Does Overwatch count as a separate phase? If so (unlikely), then that dead Praetorian could stand up again for the assault. But as you said, this is just creating speculation currently. We'll find out in a week.

Gonna throw a question out there. What armies do you think Necrons will be allowed to Ally with? In my eyes, I can see all armies being acceptable except Eldar, Dark Eldar, Chaos (either one) and Tyranids (and maaaaybe Orks).

It's not likely to be a seperate phase. I'm interested to try the new flyer rules with the Night/Doom Scythes. It should be quite fun, considering I lost the Doom Scythe to assaulting Thunderwolf Calvary once. But that can't happen now!

I would say that Necron, Tyranid, Dark Eldar and Space Marines(any type) will be the most limited in what they can ally with. But with varying levels of trust, you might still be able to get some allies from an unexpected place. But if Imperial players start taking Bastions, things could get interesting.

Something else I though of today. If a Dreadnought charges something with Gauss or a weapon of sufficient strength that gets lucky, what happens to that Dreadnought if it gets Stunned or Immobilized? Does it still make combat? I guess that depends on when the shots actually occur. Guess I'll know in a week.

post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 06:07 PM

Deathmarks - roll to hit on a 6 choose the hit model.

Gauss - glancing on 6s so insane anti-tank

General necrons - take models closest to shooter for wound allocation, good to keep enemies away from you, overwatch helps to soften an assaulting squad, and if it contributes towards combat res then even better, and finally random charge length to stop people assaulting.

Necron warriors - move and shoot with rapid fire is very useful, I think relentless gives u an extra shot with a rapid fire weapon, maybe not as effective but still very useful with a phaeron if rumours are true.

Destroyers - new preffered enemy very useful for shooting, especially with heavy destroyers because I never seem to hit with those. What's more the fact you can move and fire heavy weapons is even better with heavy destroyers.

Trazyn - maybe a bit worse with the warlord perks, could make his objective capturing a but less.

Command barge - the sweep attck isn't as unique anymore with the vector strike

Scythes - much better, hitting on 6s if shooting at it, a lot less killable.

General vehicles - most necron vehicle have 3 hull points which is pretty good given a land raider has 4.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode