6th edition Necrons - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 01:19 PM
Creator of Chaos's Flag is: Australia

Warscythes AP1 with Armourbane, +2S and can strike ahead of Powerfists and other weapons similar. I can say with certainty that the Warscythe is one of the deadliest if not deadlist CCW in the game. Combine this with Catocomb command barge thanks to Chariot ( Sweep Attacks, D6 Hammer of wrath attacks before actual Combat and then Fearless) and it gets even Better. If you can use Mind Shackle Scarabs off a Barge (1 can hope) this gets better still

Seriously Even I want to take an Overlord on Barge Now. Overlords Just went from decent in combat to Monsters That could probably give even Abbadon and his terminators a run for his money.

I'm Tempted to go 1 Barge Overlord and 1 Destroyer lord with 6 Wraiths just to see the reacation of my enemies.

Bringer of Truth, Slayer of the Incompetant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 02:05 PM

Sothot's Flag is: Canada

What if you already have a 2+ save on your overlord? Does he get a reroll or just +1 up to a 2+ save?
post #63 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 02:18 PM
Creator of Chaos's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sothot View Post
What if you already have a 2+ save on your overlord? Does he get a reroll or just +1 up to a 2+ save?
As far as I'm aware you dont get a re-roll nor do you get a +1 save. If you read the core rulebook you'll know that 1 is always a failure. The best save you can hope for is 2+ but thats still good. If your not intending to have Imotek or a generic overlord on foot you can save yourself the points you'd overwise spend on Weave and use it elsewhere as long as the lord stays on the barge.

Really this Chariot thing for the barge is godly. I wonder if any other units in the game have been classed as chariots

Bringer of Truth, Slayer of the Incompetant

post #64 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 03:37 PM

Sothot's Flag is: Canada

Your barge will be cracked eventually, and in this edition 15 points for that near invulnerable 2+ is a steal. Actually, I can see barges being top priority with these rules. I'm astounded at how...overpowered necrons seem right now. There needs to be some serious errata on the way or it well be hard for us to find a game :p
post #65 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-30-12, 03:48 PM

pantat's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well necrons are the newest codex. Whoever is next will then be best and so on
post #66 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 01:44 AM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantat View Post
Well necrons are the newest codex. Whoever is next will then be best and so on
Not true. Imperial Guard have been regarded as one of the best for a long while now, and they had their update years ago.

Looking at other things from the FAQ...

Praetorians now appear to be termie-killers, now that their staff is AP2. It sucks that it now has unweildly, so they will be striking at once with PF termies.

Orikan is also AP2 for his CC attacks, and he can re-roll the hits to boot!

But the bigggest winners here are the CCB and the Warscythe. That free +1 armor bonus will help a lot in close combat. And now the Warscythe, as mentioned before, is one of (or IS) the deadliest Close Combat weapons in the game. And you can practically say good bye to vehicles that they hit. Its pretty much the Broadside of Close Combat Weapons.

Also, did you all see the Anrakyr model in the Army Showcase? He looks frikken sweet.

Oh and one more thing. Because Monoliths are Skimmers, they get the Jink rule...so it now has a 5+ cover save.

Last edited by The Sturk; 07-01-12 at 03:33 AM.
post #67 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator of Chaos View Post
As far as I'm aware you dont get a re-roll nor do you get a +1 save. If you read the core rulebook you'll know that 1 is always a failure. The best save you can hope for is 2+ but thats still good. If your not intending to have Imotek or a generic overlord on foot you can save yourself the points you'd overwise spend on Weave and use it elsewhere as long as the lord stays on the barge.

Really this Chariot thing for the barge is godly. I wonder if any other units in the game have been classed as chariots
I'm wondering if this means you can have a 1+ save but just like on fantasy you fail on a 1 but you gain the advantage of always have a save against ap2 weapons??

[SIGPIC]
post #68 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by your master View Post
I'm wondering if this means you can have a 1+ save but just like on fantasy you fail on a 1 but you gain the advantage of always have a save against ap2 weapons??
No i dont think so. Theres a paragraph somewhere that specifically says your save can never be improved more than a 2+.
post #69 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
Not true. Imperial Guard have been regarded as one of the best for a long while now, and they had their update years ago.

Looking at other things from the FAQ...

Praetorians now appear to be termie-killers, now that their staff is AP2. It sucks that it now has unweildly, so they will be striking at once with PF termies.

Orikan is also AP2 for his CC attacks, and he can re-roll the hits to boot!

But the bigggest winners here are the CCB and the Warscythe. That free +1 armor bonus will help a lot in close combat. And now the Warscythe, as mentioned before, is one of (or IS) the deadliest Close Combat weapons in the game. And you can practically say good bye to vehicles that they hit. Its pretty much the Broadside of Close Combat Weapons.

Also, did you all see the Anrakyr model in the Army Showcase? He looks frikken sweet.

Oh and one more thing. Because Monoliths are Skimmers, they get the Jink rule...so it now has a 5+ cover save.
Well then maybe everyone who plays guard at my FLGS is just really shit cus i never lost to them yet or see them win very often... I havent read the codex myself so i cannot comment further on whether it is good or not, just never thought of it because of the local players.

Also - monoliths jinking would be amazing!! Unless it says inthe heavy section that they cant..? I'll check later cus thats awesome now haha
post #70 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 10:21 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nightscythes just got even more amazing!

They can move 36" and still allow units to disembark, and then still shoot its amazing Tesla Destructor! I was worried when I read the BRB at first, but then the FAQ just made it a million times better than I even thought possible

All that is important is known.
Praxis

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode