6th edition Necrons - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 05:53 AM

pantat's Flag is: United Kingdom

Characters can still do look out sir! But on a 4+ instead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 06:02 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Well in that case, allow me to get out my whoopdy-doo stick and wave it around, because a 4+ is still pretty damn good. Its not a 2+, but it still works just fine. Getting through that, then the 4++ invuln is going to be a hell of an accomplishment anyway. 4 wounds, only one actually gets through. Did I mention my C'tan runs with GoD? I'll be taking that wound back now kthxplz.

post #103 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 03:40 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Don't forget Fear. Nothing's like fighting a Deity at WS 1.

Question: Do you guys think it might be worth taking a Transdimensional Beamer on Wraiths now that they can Snap Fire it?

Last edited by The Sturk; 07-06-12 at 04:14 PM.

post #104 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 11:24 PM

Da Joka's Flag is: USA

No really.
The only place to take Transdimensional Beamers is in Kill team. You give the Wraith that has it Relentless and laugh as you banish models to the void.

Peace, Love, and Mass Destruction

Necrons in 6th Edition W: 28 L: 9 D: 5
Orks in 6th Edition W:9 L:9 D:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
F*** that, Barrel rolling monolith all the way.
post #105 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-22-12, 10:06 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
Don't forget Fear. Nothing's like fighting a Deity at WS 1.
Fear's weird, pretty much everything in the game is either immune to it or are squishy enough to die like bitches without it. Yeah, once in a million games you'll come across the dude who put Krak Grenades on his Guardsmen and he'll fail the test and you'll probably survive the smattering of Str 6 hits, but anything Space Marine, Orks, Daemons and Tyranids are all immune, and Guardsmen with a Commissar, Chaos Space Marines, Necrons and Eldar all have the Leadership with which to pass the check (with the exception of Guardians without an Embolden Warlock, but do you really need to debuff Guardians to kill them when you have GoD?).

Character means you only get a 4+ LoS! (and only one wound can be LoS!-ed per phase, IIRC) and you get Precision Shots and Strikes. So there'll be one time you smack the dude with the Power Fist in the phase with Transdimensional Thunderbolt, but it's only realistically useful with Pyreshards, which is pretty bad. Precision Strike is great though, lets you bash the dude with the fancy weapon before it comes into contact with your C'tan.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #106 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 04:25 PM

As long as we're talking about Monoliths and C'tan...you can portal the C'tan to the Monolith.

So, after you Deep Strike your Monolith right behind the enemy lines, laughing at the concept of Mishap Tables, and blow the ever-living hell out of your opponent? They'll have to turn everything they have on it. They can't afford to let it live. Because if it does? You can pop a C'tan out of it at the beginning of your next movement phase. And it'll be right on top of whatever assaulted at the Monolith.

Of course, you could always send in multiple Monoliths...

(I know this has been mentioned in other threads before, but felt it worthy of mention.)
post #107 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 05:08 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I'm still not sure why you laugh at mishaps. I still don't see why you don't mishap just as much now as in 5th. Mishaps are just less worrisome. But, eh.

If a C'tan can't move up the center and get where he needs to, well then he's not trying hard enough!
post #108 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
I'm still not sure why you laugh at mishaps. I still don't see why you don't mishap just as much now as in 5th. Mishaps are just less worrisome. But, eh.

If a C'tan can't move up the center and get where he needs to, well then he's not trying hard enough!
The Monolith is a skimmer, and therefore can't end its movement on top of troops - it gets auto-moved to not be on top of them. So if you Deep Strike and scatter onto a unit, big deal, you just auto-move to the nearest bit of open terrain and don't suffer a mishap.

I'm at work and can't access my copy of the BRB, but that's basically the way I (and several other posters) think it works, RAW. You can still suffer a mishap if the Monolith can't be placed on terrain it scatters onto, of course.
post #109 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 06:47 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Ah, but deep strike could be considered deployment rather than movement, and in that case you can't deploy on troops. I see what you're saying, it depends on what you consider Deep Strike.
post #110 of 120 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 09:20 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

As a skimmer the Monolish can go over any terrain and could even end its move on impassible terrain, but would need to take a dangerous terrain test.

The only thing that the Monoloth really needs to worry about is scattering off the table.

One problem with the portal is that it counts as disembarking from a moving vehicle, so no assaulting C'tan on the turn you transport them.

All that is important is known.
Praxis

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode