Gauntlet of Fire: Better than it seems - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Tactics Discuss the art of war in the 41st millenium. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-17-12, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sothot View Post
My bad- I figured if you disembarked before moving the transport, your unit was free to move another 6", and therefore able to claim it's full range?
I'm probably wrong given tat I never have actually played with a Land Raider in my CSM army, but I think assault doors let you do that though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Not really - a Doom Scythe is just a MUCH more obvious target choice, for no additional survivability. Better to just stick to the much cheaper Annihilation Barge, usually anyway.
Yeah it would be a pretty obvious target.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-18-12, 01:41 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Assault Vehicle capacity of Land Raiders (and Open-Topped Transports) allows you to Assault after disembarking irrespective of whether or not the vehicle moved beforehand - it does not mean that you do not count as moving when you disembark for purposes of Shooting, which was the discussion.
post #63 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-18-12, 07:44 PM

aaah ok my bad, yeah I would have thought it does count as moving

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

post #64 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-18-12, 10:04 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

But if you include a Phaeron, of course, you go back to full range. I like Night Scythes, they tend to do excellent work turboing around the board getting in the way turn one, and then the few survivors ending up tesla-ing around.
post #65 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Wanted to bring this back up again as now on Overwatch the Gauntlet can use its flamer template. Ouch. Well, not the template part. But the wounding part.

post #66 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 11:31 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

While neat, I still say the Warscythe is much better.
post #67 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 12:59 PM
TDbehr's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
While neat, I still say the Warscythe is much better.
referring back to the beginning of this thread... that may be so against MEQ, but against ORKS/D\ELDAR/IG/NIDS, the gauntlet is awsome

one not on the OP though, the models that carry the gauntlet are S5, so your actually wounding orks T4 on 3's, not 4's :D
post #68 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 05:22 PM

yeah against hoardes I would probably go for gauntlet if it is a generic lord who I don't have a plan for

post #69 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-18-12, 05:32 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Not denying that it wouldn't be great against hordes. I personally find the Warscythe as a better all-comers weapon is all.
post #70 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 01:47 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Warscythes are the premier anti-vehicle melee weapon now.

There is absolutely no reason to ever take a Gauntlet, especially with the Chariot buffs making CCBs even more invaluable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode