Biker with terminator armor - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer 40k rules queries and discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-29-08, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Longinus's Flag is: Sweden

Default Biker with terminator armor

If you have the SM trait scions of mars wich means you could buy a terminator armor to a singel wounds model(and some other stuff), that means that a veteran sergeant can take a terminator armor right. So if you have a SM bike squad and you uppgrade the seargeant to a veteran seargent wich means he may select equipment from the space marines armoury you simply give him a terminator armor, would that then mean that he still is riding his bike in terminator armour or does he only have his bike as wargear but can't use it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-29-08, 06:15 PM

Deceiver's Flag is: USA

When in term arm.,you can only take wargear and wpns with a t symbol in front of it. So no bike if in term. arm.
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-29-08, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Longinus's Flag is: Sweden

But the sergeant is already on a bike and I was wondering what happens to the bike if you buy him a terminator armor.

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-29-08, 07:43 PM

AnarchX's Flag is: USA

He wouldn't be able to ride it. I suppose he could strap it on his back and carry it, but I don't think that would give him any kind of advantage...

Thanks,

AnarchX

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-29-08, 08:59 PM

The wheels pop.
He needs to sell it back or give it to someone else.

Seriously,you need to look at what all wargear and wpns are compatible for said model before building it and buying stuff for it.
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-29-08, 09:45 PM

vindur's Flag is: Ireland

actually according to RAW it is a legal model.

the rules say you may not give a model in terminator armour a bike but you are not giving it to him, he already has it.
I cant see a reason for it but yes you may do it.

I'm walking towards you and drawing my sword. When it's drawn I shall kill you. And there's not a damn thing you can do to stop me.
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-29-08, 11:32 PM

You cannot circumvent the rules like that. Doesn't matter what he had 1rst. They don't go together.
Would be like giving my Hive Tyrant TL devourers for 8 pts. then giving him toxin sacs after and not have to pay 12 pts for the tl devourers cause he had the gun 1rst.
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-30-08, 12:20 AM

vindur's Flag is: Ireland

the line is "models in terminator armour may only select items with a "t".
the biker sergeant already has a bike and therefore is not selecting it. thereby not breaking a rule. its similar to how it says models may select 2 weapons from it. this doesn't replace their starting gear so its perfectly legal for a chaplain to have a fist a bolt pistol and crozius

I'm walking towards you and drawing my sword. When it's drawn I shall kill you. And there's not a damn thing you can do to stop me.
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-30-08, 04:30 AM
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

Ok heres the deal... RAW its..... legal.

For the same reason that a Techmarine with his servo harness in Termy armor is legal and for the same reason that Chaplians w/ their Crozius in Termy armor is legal (if you look no where in the armory does a Crozius have a T next to it).

But it is very much against the spirit of the rules as it (unlike the Chaplian with the Crozius) was not intended and everyone knows that it was not intended. So if you do play it have fun getting people to play you cause I certainly wouldnt. I ask you nicely to please not try to argue a very much un-intended loop hole that GW has stated many times is not meant to work.

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines

Last edited by Bishop120; 04-30-08 at 04:32 AM.
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-30-08, 11:17 AM

The only reasons I can see for not doing it are 1) The next marine dex is virtually guaranteed to invalidate your conversion and 2) Some people will bring up the spirit of the rules etc to stop you using a a conversion that costs more points than its worth.

PS, RAW says you don't need Scions to do it but that would make it even more points.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode